Yoshimura tail tidy - Ontario guys

Blackfin

Just received and installed a Yoshi tail-tidy/fender eliminator on my 11 Fazer8. During installation I noticed that the two brackets that hold the turn signals and which double as the lower mounting points for the plate have zero hope of actually lining up with the holes in our Ontario plates.

I suppose this is "normal" but it also means that the turn signal brackets are retained by the top bolt only, with nothing but friction and bolt tightness holding the bracket in place.

This doesn't seem normal. Am I missing something?

dabner

Ya... just drill new holes in the plate... ? That's what I had to do with my old FZ6 FE anyway.
Can you do me a favor tho... post a picture of the finished product and take an outside measurement of the indicator lights. I have an after market FE but it still hangs down and out similar to the stock set up. I can modify it and tuck it up under, but it becomes problematic when I put my Givi cases on. The indicators are too wide to fit comfortably between the cases, and aren't easily visible from the side(ish). I'd for go the visibility if I could find something that fit between the cases tho.

Blackfin

I was thinking perhaps a couple of tabs of double-sided VHB tape between the plate and the bottom side of the bracket to preserve the aesthetic of the plate while providing some mutual support for the plate and the bracket. Just seems cheesy. Yoshi provided lots of horizontal adjustment on the top part of the backetry but no vertical adjustment.

I'll try to move the bike and snap a couple of pics and take some measurements before leaving for work this AM. Will post back later this morning.

Blackfin

Okay. Took some pics and did an approximate tip-to-tip measurement.

The turn signal tips end up roughly 12-1/2 in (31-3/4 cm) apart.

And a few pics:

dabner

Thanks for the info Blackfin!
My FE with the LED lights is 13.5", so your set up would fit fine within the Givi cases. The only thing left to consider is how dangerous it would be having them tucked up in between the cases.
Thanks again for the information!

Blackfin

Images I've seen of Givi side cases shows that they would indeed be tucked far in between them. The view from directly astern would be fine I think but any oblique angle is going to be obstructed.

If you're adventurous you might consider modifying the Givi cases a bit to integrate some small LED turn signals into them and wire them in parallel with the existing signal wiring in the back of the bike.

Or think about some surface-mount (double-sided tape like VHB)...perhaps not these exact ones but something like them:

Amber Mini Bullet LED Turn Signal Universal Motorcycle Flush Mount Blinker Light | eBay

If you don't like the chrome you could always Plastidip them :)