Yamaha going to triples

• Thread starter Deleted member 438
  • Start date
that would be sweet if they came out with a naked tripple!!!!!!!!

not sure how i feel about this.

having ridden a new r1 i love the cross plane. if it truely lowers overall cost i can see it. if it only lowers intial purchase cost then i think its not good. it does seem like the fewer cylinders the more expensive the maintenance at the dealer (ducati, bmw). i know people call the 4's cookie cutters but thats part of what makes them great for some people. an abundance of aftermarket parts along with the endless knowledge of the avg joes from wrenching on the 4 themselves for years.
change can be good and bad. change for the purpose of change isnt very smart. how much money are the dealers gonna have to invest in new training for techs. not to mention if there are any new tools a tech needs. however if it saves yamaha corporate X millions of dollars a year its smart on their part. not to mention a whole new line could have folks interested all over again as they compete for sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i was at NEC Birmingham Bike Show in UK last November, they had one on show, looked impressive to me, its Worked for Triumph for years, so why not Yamaha :D

Ian

Me- after having ridden a lot of miles on my 6 cylinder Valkyrie, I gotta say that lots of cylinders are a good thing- they just makes the power much smoother, and the idle lower.

All im gonna say is...
You haters have obviously never ridden a street triple or speed triple...

Very interesting. I'm not worried how or what they do to the flagship sports bikes, they'll be good I'm sure. What's most interesting to me is how they'll go getting the triples into SBK and the like.

yamaha going to triples rumors about honda going old school with the v4! looks like lots of interesting changes coming to the sport bike market!!! gotta love that!

Very interesting. I'm not worried how or what they do to the flagship sports bikes, they'll be good I'm sure. What's most interesting to me is how they'll go getting the triples into SBK and the like.

if twins can go to 1200cc and 4's have to be 1000cc, does that mean theyll allow triples to have 1100cc?

a 1099cc r1 triple would be insane...

Last edited by a moderator:
if twins can go to 1200cc and 4's have to be 1000cc, does that mean theyll allow triples to have 1100cc?

a 1099cc r1 triple would be insane...

Exactly! The thought of it's just insane

i know i have been keeping an eye out for bikes i will definitely be waiting to see whats to come in the next year or 2 and i get to pass the fz8 on to the girl friend!

Back