Yamaha FZ8 on sale in Summer 2010

Admin

Founder
Staff member
The much-anticipated Yamaha FZ8 and Yamaha Super Tenere will be going on sale this summer according to Yamaha insiders.
Yamaha is working hard to promote both bikes with heavily-disguised images showing parts of both bikes and a recent silhouette of the Super Tenere showing the Yamaha R1-style front lights.
Yamaha officially unveiled the front light of the FZ8 a few weeks ago but there is no further information coming from Yamaha officially.
A Yamaha insider said: “The FZ8 will be seen later this year along with the Super Tenere which will be a good thing for increasing interest in new bikes and these bikes will hopefully stir up some important sales in 2010.”
Unofficially the FZ8 is thought to have a smaller capacity version of the 998cc four-cylinder motor from the FZ1 – itself based on the five-valve Yamaha R1 engine from 2005.
The FZ8 will be replacing the smaller-capacity FZ6 models as a sporty middleweight naked, leaving the XJ6, XJ6 Diversion and the new-for-2010 XJ6 Diversion F to cater for the novice and all-rounder markets.
It’s main rivals will be the BMW F800R, Honda Hornet 600, Triumph Street Triple R and the Aprilia Shiver 750.
The Super Tenere silhouette shows boxy off-road-style panniers, reinforcing Yamaha’s hints that the bike will be going head-to-head to with the BMW R1200GS, rather than aiming at Ducati’s more road-biased new Multistrada 1200.
Super Tenere technical highlights we already know about are:
- 3-mode ABS
- shaft drive
- linked brakes
- switchable engine maps
- ride-by-wire throttle
- traction control
- side-mounted radiators.

By Andy Downes -
08 January 2010 14:48

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Why do I have a feeling that North America will not see this bike this year, and we'll not get the naked model?!?!?

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
The FZ8 is still not on the Oz yamaha site.
Maybe we get another year of the FZ6 .All the sites are saying more info to be released on the 3rd of March ,guess we will see then.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Thus far, only mentioned on the UK site... Looks like the U.S. will see only the faired model.

Humperdinkel

Just got a little bit of info from my spanner man & he tells me that at this stage there is no plans to bring the FZ8 to Australia :(........ Sights Yamaha having to many drama's with the regulations in getting the R125 learner legal that they are 'throwing the toys outta the cot' :disapprove:

Thundercat

Saw the first pricetag for the fz8

A few days ago I came upon the first mention (that I know of) of a price and expected availability: Yamaha New Fz8 & Fz8-S | 0 km - 8.990€. According to that Belgian dealer, the first ones will arrive in June, priced at 8990 euros (I'm guessing that's for the naked version).

Since prices will vary from country to country anyway (my own government never misses an opportunity to burden something with taxes), I did a quick reference check for fz6 and fz1 prices in Belgium, and it looks like it'll be roughly 1K euro more expensive than the fz6, 3K euro cheaper than the fz1.
Then again, you can currently get some very nice prices on left-over, but otherwise new, 2008/2009 models...

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I was collecting some parts for my FZ6 yesterday and I asked a salesman if the FZ8 was coming to OZ.
He said it was but the release date and price are still to be confirmed.
Test ride ..............you betch ya :D