WTF?

DSmith

Trying to hold off a few more weeks. We got a little snow today and its 20°f right now. But they're callin for 60° by friday so theres still hope!

F

fz8kansas

BuRRRRR

Today the high was 36, Saturday it is suppose to be 60 again. It makes it hard to park it for the winter just yet. When I bought the bike I purchased a Yamaha Extended Service plan ( I'm just that way). The plan states that the bike needs to be winterized if it sits for an extended period of time. So I went to the dealer and asked what the Yamaha Winterization was? One of the service writers said he would sell me one if there was one to sell. They said change the oil, add fuel stablizer and use a battery tender. That was it. As long as we keep getting a warm day to ride every week I am going to keep riding. As far as I am concerned, it is the best winterization you can do.

MotoZen

I'm hoping to ride through most of the year, but honestly, my morning commutes are getting pretty chilly. I'm planning to get some heated grips/gloves and see how far that gets me. It's around the freezing mark where I am and my fingers are the only thing that gets really bad.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Haven't yet... The last couple of years, I've been able to ride to the middle of December before packing it in. Tomorrow looks warmer at least!

mikefz8

In my area. I don't need to winterize either--it gets cold still but nothing good gear cant handle. I ride year round thankfully

07cobaltLScoupe

mine will get put into the basement by the first snowfall when the roads will get cindered, after that i don't feel safe riding on these backwoods country roads

TorontoAlex

I got the heated grips and wow what a difference. They get super hot and I can barely stand the high setting. Even when using snowmobile gloves. I wish I had a sled for the winter! We have a cottage that sits right next to the trail.

RoadKill

i ride all year here in NYC. no need to put it away when snow only stays on the road a few days at most.

shadowman

Mine got put into hibernation last weekend. Even though I've got a heated jacket liner and gloves, the roads have been sprayed with brine, and it's just not worth it to me to ride in those conditions.
That's it for motorized fun 'til spring... except maybe a bit of snowmobiling.

BigOleChalupa

Do they use salt up there in Toronto for the roads? Or sand? They use salt here in Halifax, and as much as I want to ride the roads on nice days........I'm pretty worried about corrosion.. ;(
Cheers
BIGO

alexk

Weekend Rider
Winterize? Bah!

I rode home from work last night at 2am. 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

What did I learn?
  • Balaclavas are important
  • Dunlop Q2s are greasier in the cold than they are in the wet.

Can't wait to do it again. =)

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Winterize? Bah!

I rode home from work last night at 2am. 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

What did I learn?
  • Balaclavas are important
  • Dunlop Q2s are greasier in the cold than they are in the wet.

Can't wait to do it again. =)

Q2s do suck below 50*F. I was riding over a bridge and almost got pushed into the next Lane by the wind last night. They are nice in summer, though, aren't they?