Wrist, arms sore try this

FZER

Avid Rider
Some of my old school buds tought me this and it works, course most of our experienced riders will know this, but I know we've got some new folks, and maybe some of our experienced folks might have never been told this or have forgotten.

Your arms and wrist will be a whole lot happier with you especially in stop and go traffic if you squeeze your tank with your legs. This will take most if not all of your upper body weight off of your hands and wrists. This will help you a ton and make it easier to operate your brakes, throttle, and clutch. Try it out it's so simple and makes riding a whole lot more fun on a streetbike.

Last edited:

lyric911

You should be able to flap your arms like a chicken while riding. Every once in a while I flap just to remind myself to stay loose.

FZER

Avid Rider
You should be able to flap your arms like a chicken while riding. Every once in a while I flap just to remind myself to stay loose.

Yeah when I first got my GSXR 750 coming into the gate at Robins Air Force Base it is down hill, I thought I was going to have to sell the bike, because it was a ten minute stop and go and my arms and especially my wrist would be done by the time I got into the gate.

One other thing to think about too, is some pressure on the foot pegs helps, course that is a little tough to do when you're trying to brake as well on the right side.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
How about scootching right up to the tank so that you're more upright with less forward pressure on hands and neutral load on the back. :)