WHEELIE TIPS?

metalmulisha

so ive been playing with the powerband...i can ride a wheelie a good 100 or so feet ...i just hit the right spot and let her do the rest. anyone have any tips or advice for the fz8?

D

DJK1505

-1 +2 sprockets, quick turn throttle, and a PCV= wheelie machine! If you still dont like that, punch the cylinder out, port and polish the head and see how she fares. If you are still not too satisfied, you might need a bigger sprocket, I'd try +10, lmao!!!!!!!

Remember its an 8500 dollar mistake when something happens! :hbwall:

DJ

Sschwar4

Let me know when you get up to two or three mile wheelies. Just saw a guy and his spotters on loop 101 in car pool lane. Cruising about 75, wheel in air.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i don't have them anymore but i had pictures of a local guy that was the wheelie master riding past my house.

of course when he t-boned the car that turned in front of him and he severed both his legs his wheelie days came to an end...ENJOY!!!

D

Deleted member 438

I just do the little unintentional ones and I'm happy with that.

H

Hoover

I just do the little unintentional ones and I'm happy with that.

Yeah, same here. But that's what age and the desire to survive does to you.
I feel lucky to have got this far, I don't roll the dice any more.

FZER

Avid Rider
Very small unintentional ones here as well..... I scared the living crap out of myself one day passing a Tahoe, my front tire was up while I was changing lanes. Like riding a unicycle.......I guess, because I've never riden one till that day.

cpatt

one of my friends on his 1980 yamaha xs1100 he power wheelies and was telling me how.

he says in first just start going. then dump the throttle rely fast to compress the suspension then just romp on the gas till its up.

*on closed course by professionals only*

V

Vapordan

Fwiw, Here is the thing with those power wheelies and why I stopped. It's great fun chasing them, but the day will come when the front end comes up way too high, either because it's the wrong gear, too much gas or you chased it too much and it will flip with disastrous consequences. That's happened to me at least three times. The back brake is supposed to bring the front wheel down but chasing a wheelie does not give you any back brake practice so when the front gets all light and wobbly at the balance point, panic sets in and you're gonna crash. And hard. Check YouTube for proof. The best way to learn is balance point wheelies. On an old bike. There you learn control and there is less of a chance dying from it as my cousin did. His front end came up too fast on a power wheelie overtaking a car and he lost control and he hit a parked van.

Sschwar4

Fwiw, Here is the thing with those power wheelies and why I stopped. It's great fun chasing them, but the day will come when the front end comes up way too high, either because it's the wrong gear, too much gas or you chased it too much and it will flip with disastrous consequences. That's happened to me at least three times. The back brake is supposed to bring the front wheel down but chasing a wheelie does not give you any back brake practice so when the front gets all light and wobbly at the balance point, panic sets in and you're gonna crash. And hard. Check YouTube for proof. The best way to learn is balance point wheelies. On an old bike. There you learn control and there is less of a chance dying from it as my cousin did. His front end came up too fast on a power wheelie overtaking a car and he lost control and he hit a parked van.

Aka, "whiskey throttle". It can get anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FZER

Avid Rider
I knew a friend of a friend who set his bike down after an 85 mph wheelie and head shuck into a telephone pole. He's also dead.

specops13

Here it's progressive fines from $1188.00 and finally the 3rd time, $5,000 and loss of License for a year. I try to put a lot of weight on the front ends or lower them an inch......

C

Camo

Everything in moderation...
Pick your time would be my advice. I try to do stupid things when I know I'm not likely to make someone else pay for my mistakes.

V

Vapordan

Here it's progressive fines from $1188.00 and finally the 3rd time, $5,000 and loss of License for a year. I try to put a lot of weight on the front ends or lower them an inch......

1188.00??? Seriously?

specops13

Actually I was off a couple dollars for the first offense..:eek:
And, it's front or rear wheel off the ground....
Just had a friend get his license back after 3 tickets.
He sold his Gen II Vmax to pay the fines and quit riding....
Shame, Jay Gleason set a record with his bike at the drag strip.

Wheels off ground - motorcycle 1,166.00

Rgraphic

Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough as it is. I intend on keeping both wheels on the road. It is hard not to speed though...

lothodon

Super Moderator
a bit OT, but i have to wonder what they would do in a true emergency stop(pie)? rear wheel off ground yes, but only because you brake THAT hard.