What is this thing that's been added to my Fazer 8?

leechy

Hi everyone!

Recently bought my first big bike after a CBF125: a second-hand Fazer 8 here in the UK.

Being new to biking and knowing almost nothing about add-ons, it took me a while to spot that it had a quickshifter, and after entering the letters and numbers printed on the device into google I found out what it was and what it was for.

However, more recently I've spotted something else that does not appear to be standard, but I can't work out what it is.

Can anybody help please?

WP_20150714_19_04_38_Pro (2).jpg

Cheers!

Awesome purchase!

That little box i believe is your ABS box.
Considering i have a non-abs model i dont have that but enjoy your new toy!

Teslank

Its the rectifier(battery rectifier)
Most of the fz8 have then beneath the passager seat...

You have abs? Check for abs sensor

Wich quickshifter you have?

9 Lives

The ABS unit takes up the space that the rectifier sits on non-abs units so they put it in that location.

leechy

I think it's a Translogic quickshifter, and after riding for two months with it don't see any way I'll ever put up with not having one again :)

IanLeMasters

Wow I didn't realize they put the rectifier there. That looks like an afterthought. And isn't that the part that makes for the hot ass? Maybe down there it will keep your feet warm. :) :)

Teslank

Wow I didn't realize they put the rectifier there. That looks like an afterthought. And isn't that the part that makes for the hot ass? Maybe down there it will keep your feet warm. :) :)

it is the engine heat that goes to the seat, the rectifier on non abs bike is under the bike at fresh air near the rear wheel