What did you do to your bike today?

HeresMyMind

Just ordered a complete Fazer 8 front end from the UK Ebay. Can't wait to have the only true fazer 8 here in the states!!

Side note: my fully retrofitted headlight + puig wind screen are now up for sale!

-B

SilverSlugger00

Just ordered a complete Fazer 8 front end from the UK Ebay. Can't wait to have the only true fazer 8 here in the states!!

Side note: my fully retrofitted headlight + puig wind screen are now up for sale!

-B
Sent a guy your way for your headlight. He wants a HID Kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Fazer 8

Interesting.

How are you planning to deal with the differences in wiring harnesses for the two bikes? Have you got a Fazer 8 wiring harness, too?

Fazer 8

Nice. Yes, I 'm sure it's not too complicated for someone who is handy with wiring, swapping out cable ends, etc. i.e. not me, lol. Your work looks good, btw. The stock lighting even on the Fazer is not really the best. I still contend that one low beam and one high beam, even with reflectors optimized for that purpose, is not as good as the two high/low beams like I had on my V-Strom.

Bagman

With the season almost over, and my MRA windscreen finally installed after taking nearly 3 months to order in.... I figured I would take photos before the season closes.

SAFZ

Finally, installed a Yoshimura fender eliminator. It took long, on acct of re-running the wire back through the small hole under the seat. I am definitely happy with the look now.

Mikz86ta

Finally, installed a Yoshimura fender eliminator. It took long, on acct of re-running the wire back through the small hole under the seat. I am definitely happy with the look now.

Yea I know what u mean....I reversed my R&G fender eliminator that the prior owner installed. Rewired and yea that hole was a challenge

rvt001

motorcycle.jpg

took off the hidious license plate bracket, swapped out all turn signal lights, added new mirrors, and added wheel tape for safety, but mainly for looks.

Keach

I put a custom decal made by MikeC. The decal is a tribute to my Aunt who passed away from cancer this past year. She was the biggest batman fan I'll ever know. Not sure why she took such a liking to batman (she was mentally retarded and really couldn't speak), but literally everything she had was batman. A while ago a stranger told me my bike looked like it belonged in a batman movie. My aunt was also a big fan of my bike and would often wear my helmet and gloves to the point I'd have to wrestle them away from her when it was time to leave. Originally I had planned to replace the tank badges with the decals, but then decided the tank was a nice place for it. Based on size and shape it was either where it's placed now or on the top of the tail section. Went with the tank because I would have had to remove the tail badge and can't remember if that is actually smooth under the badge or not. Anyway I think I like it on the tank and couldn't be more happy with what MikeC did for me and my family. I ordered extras so family could stick them on their cars if they want. She taught me a lot about how to treat people and having her memory on one of my favorite possessions is pretty damn cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikz86ta

Shortened the 2 Bros CF black series can. It was on my bike when I bought it. Like the short can look better.
Not terribly loud. My cat was previously gutted so it was far from quiet anyways.
Took out today first ride. I like it :)
Probably buy the do insert they sell for long trips.IMAG0083.jpg

DeputyDog

Removed a lot of the bikes fairings, removed lights etc. (12.5Kg removed including battery, have a new sub 1Kg lithium battery one on its way)

All in prep for a streetfighter build I'm doing, crude photoshop of final result:

A pretty simple build - more a case of taking things away than adding them. The most expensive thing will be the Graves full exhaust system @ £800

DeputyDog

Stripped away about 12.5 kg of stuff today including the battery, bits of the fairing, indicators, headlight etc. Plan on creating a stripped back daytime only bobber/streetfighter.

Mockup of what she'll look like once I'm done:

Last edited:

myklobe

adapter plate.jpgpaint.jpgsticker.jpg
I repainted my wheels since the dingleberry that installed the last set of times mangled the rim. I commissioned a friend to cut custom FZ8 stickers. After repainting the rims, I installed the FZ8 sticker to the rear, and then clear coated over it. We'll see if I want the front one too. I kind of like just the rear :)

Lastly, I got sick of the plastic turn signal adapter plates cracking, so I found an old chemist's toolbox made of stainless steel. I made templates, cut out new adapter plates for the inside and outside, and they hold soooo much better than any of the plastic crap you can find on eBay. Next step is to paint them matte black, but I wanted to show you guys first, just in case anyone else was having adapter cracking issues.

myklobe

[MENTION=4566]DeputyDog[/MENTION] - What pipe is that? Is it currently installed or just part of the Photoshop? I LOVE the under side exhaust exit. I'm thinking of custom cutting the pipe to make an M4 fit.