Weekend Project: PCV, Lars Air box Mod, K&N Filter, Apex Clip on handle bars

White'swhitemps

Weekend Project: Apex Clip on handle bars, PCV, Lars Air box Mod, K&N Filter

Hello All,

Fairly new member here. Bought my first bike (2013 FZ8) early this season and I'm loving every second of it. One thing I did not like was the handle bars. I'm a bit taller so I sit upright on the bike when seated comfortably and it just wasn't optimal when highway cruising at 80+ MPH.

I placed an order for APEX handle bars, High flow K&N filter, and a PCV. and I installed them all this weekend. The bike is breathing MUCH better now, almost too well as it is idling a little harder than normal and I'm sure its running rich. I will be getting a tune soon.

I LOVE the handle bars. I am so comfortable now and it seems to respond better when making turns. The bike is now perfect for me. Overall a pretty simple install.

attached are a few photos. ill get more of the handle bars. I got too excited to try them out I hopped right on the bike and took off without taking any pictures. The 1 photo I have attached does not yet have the electronics secured or lined up where I needed them, so you can ignore those. I also need to trim the ends off a bit.

also, I'm not very knowledgeable with the PCV, from what I understand it should just be running a stock tune, correct? Does anyone have a MAP I could run for the mods I have (also have a Coffman slip on)? Is it terrible if I ride the bike the way it is now until my tune?

FZ82.jpgFZ83.jpgFZ81.jpg

Last edited:

mikeherdes

Search for the Jumbo Map on this form or on Google if you cant find it. It seems to be the most popular for those with the airbox mod + an aftermarket exhaust.

Are the clip on bars higher or lower than stock?

theturismoo

would you happen to know what size apex clip ons were used? im working on switching over and unsure on the diameter of the forks