Vibration at 5000RPM

SAFZ

Recently bought a used 2012 FZ8. Love the bike, but I have noticed as soon as I arrive at 5000 rpm the vibration in the handlebars and seat increases dramatically. Is there something I should look into, or do other fz8's have this issue.Naturally I am shying away from really opening it up, and I really don't want to go down that route. It only has 6300 miles on it.

Flip

Recently bought a used 2012 FZ8. Love the bike, but I have noticed as soon as I arrive at 5000 rpm the vibration in the handlebars and seat increases dramatically. Is there something I should look into, or do other fz8's have this issue.Naturally I am shying away from really opening it up, and I really don't want to go down that route. It only has 6300 miles on it.

Mine doesn't do that and I've never heard anyone on here complain about it, I'd say there is something wrong somewhere, is it in all gears and speeds?

Wolvereine

Hi All, my 2013 did it from new! I even took it back to the dealer and they said it was normal! (Really?!?!)
I have done 3000kms and now it vibrates very little at at 5000rpm :) , what i did was give the bike a work out for 1000kms, rived it through every gear to 11500rpm and just general kept the rivs up, as the bike is under warranty i figured that i might as well break it if there is an issue.

A few things to look at if the bike has not been ridden for a while as mine was not ridden for 1/12 years.

Throttle sensor sticking (Fuel Injected)
Throttle bodies sticking (Fuel Injected)

Brian

SAFZ

I have noticed it doesn't do it all of the time. I have gotten used to it. I love the bike.

Ferret

My 2011 does give tingling vibes between 5-6 k rpm .Many bikes I have owned have done the same at various rpm and sometimes it's been more pronounced due to a dry chain . On my benelli I had it tuned out on the ecu map .