UK modders vs the rest of the world.

FZ82011

Hello All,

Hope everyone is well and been able to enjoy the few good days of weather we have had so far this year.

From reading through this forum I have noticed the other guys around the world seem to have done a lot more performance and handling mods than I have seen on any other FZ8 or heard about here in the UK.

Have any of you done anything specific that has really changed the bike for better that you would be prepared to share and what parts did you use?

I am torn between keeping my FZ8 at the moment and trading it in to get myself something that already has the handling/perfomance I would like BUT I love the FZ8 so much and rarely see any others around so that part of me wants to keep it and not just fit in with everyone else on their gixxers and R6s.

Cheers and happy riding.:fiddy:

Smurfbud

Ha ha massive response then!! Not sure if UK owners use a different forum or just dont look on this section ..... anyway, hi

I have doen a few mods and am currently looking at suspension mods and ecu reflashing ... will write more later

FZ82011

Ha ha massive response then!! Not sure if UK owners use a different forum or just dont look on this section ..... anyway, hi

I have doen a few mods and am currently looking at suspension mods and ecu reflashing ... will write more later

Hello Smurfbud. 134 views and 1 comment that's not bad. LMAO! What ideas have you come up with or what are you looking at with regards to suspension mods. I've been looking but can't decide what route to go down atm. Whether to just go fully aftermarket like nitron rear shock and matris full cartirdges which will cost £££s or use Yamaha parts from the fz1.

Smurfbud

I like to have a wee gander and see what folks are writing before I get stuck in !!! lol

I have stuck a Nitron rear shock on mine (2011 so only had preload) and am going to swap the fork internals from an FZ1 so I have all 3 adjustable options. I figured this was the easiest and cheapest option. Its just a case of getting around to doing it as I already have the FZ1 forks sitting waiting to be dismantled.

There is a Nitron on fleababy for £330 or best offer Yamaha Fz1 Fazer 07 Nitron Shock | eBay if you are interested.

Bagman

Send your ECU to Guhl's to up the power & improve overall "performance". Upgrade the suspension with something like HyperPro's StreetBox for the handing you're after. Done. Everything else (assume you have a nice slip-on exhaust) is pretty well cosmetic & personal.

Smurfbud

Hello Smurfbud. 134 views and 1 comment that's not bad. LMAO! What ideas have you come up with or what are you looking at with regards to suspension mods. I've been looking but can't decide what route to go down atm. Whether to just go fully aftermarket like nitron rear shock and matris full cartirdges which will cost £££s or use Yamaha parts from the fz1.

I like to have a wee goosy goosy n see whats being posted before I get stuck in ...... but I get your point....

I have put a Nitron rear shock and am going to swap out the fork internals from my FZ8 for a set of fully adjustables from an FZ1 .... I have the forks so its just a case of getting on and doing it .... shouldnt be too difficult .... famous last words!

There is a Nitron for sale on fleababy that will fit an FZ8 £330 or best offer if you are interested .....