Tire change

Paralgin

Avid Rider
Hi. I would like some opinions on when its natural to change tires?
My bike have now put down 4200km.

C

Camo

I did a touch over 8000kms on the stock tires before changing them out.

Harrywz

Okey, so i dont have to think about it yet. :)
What kind of weather have you been riding in? has that much to say?

You have to look at your tires. Do you see the wear bars? Is your back tire squared from riding too many straight highways? Is your front tire scaloped?

These are all conditions for replacing tires. Make sure you check pressure at least once a week and correct if needed. this will prolong life of the tire.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
You have to look at your tires. Do you see the wear bars? Is your back tire squared from riding too many straight highways? Is your front tire scaloped?

These are all conditions for replacing tires. Make sure you check pressure at least once a week and correct if needed. this will prolong life of the tire.

My tires look fine, pressure wise and all the other. I saw that i had a little tiny rift in my back tire, but its not deep. Dont know why or how it have happend.
The only thing im worried about is the grip, i believe its the stock tires, (bridgestone battlax bt021)
Only had the bike for a month or so, bougth it used.

Harrywz

My tires look fine, pressure wise and all the other. I saw that i had a little tiny rift in my back tire, but its not deep. Dont know why or how it have happend.
The only thing im worried about is the grip, i believe its the stock tires, (bridgestone battlax bt021)
Only had the bike for a month or so, bougth it used.

I have 7200kms on mine, still look half decent. Back one is a bit square but not terrible. No scalloping on front. I should be able to get another 2000km out of them. Unlike the litre bikes, our bikes are somewhat easier on the back tire.