Tire big TOCK sound !?

Nemo

i was riding with my friend , he wanted to try my bike , so we did a small ride together ... even fun to be passager of our own bike :D

at a stop , a Big sound came from the rear tire ( so far that i know ) like if something would have perced my tire .. a big sound like ''TONG'' or a big POP .. hard to explain ... i looked at the tire , nothing seems wrong ... is that happen to any of you before ?

i also tough it could be a back fire ... but by was almost idleing ... so idk...

Woody146

Banned
So...you rode 2 up (2 guys..lol) did you adjust your suspension accordingly??? They are setup for small ass people...

Or because if all the weight on there, you may have shot a rock out from under the tire (I have done this and it sounds like you popped your tire, no harm done tho)

Nemo

lol yea , me and my cosin .. rofl .... well we both 160 , so i dont think any harm have been done to the suspension. might be a rock , the pop was loud tho .

618FZ8

Just a thought being you were riding two-up. Check your swingarm links, of course if it broke it would be obvious. Worth a look at out of curiosity.

xXAvroArrowXx

Check chain tension. If it's too tight it will do that when coming to a stop with rear brake. If only doing that while two up, the geometry change of the suspension is enough to make the chain just that a bit too tight, causing that "tock" sound.