Time to hit that track pipe

DLSGAP

So I got a hall pass today to go to the track tomorrow. Luckily there were a few open spots still so ill be seeing how the 8 does at motorsport ranch in cresson tomorrow..

C

Camo

Lucky bastard! Have a good one mate, I'm still a month or two away from the track.... Jealous lol.

D

Deleted member 438

So I got a hall pass today to go to the track tomorrow. Luckily there were a few open spots still so ill be seeing how the 8 does at motorsport ranch in cresson tomorrow..

Post up afterwards and let us know how it went. I am doing mine next Saturday and I am trying to get everything together tuns weekend. Good luck!

DLSGAP

Doom, I can honestly say with your mods I'd rather be on your bike. The fz is a great bike, but in stock form, its one I can outride. Being a former racer, deal's gap regular, and track addict for the better part of the last quarter century, I am a little nervous to see what happens with the stock tires and suspension. Plus, since I don't have a trailer or tow vehicle, I'm riding to the track, which is something I've always advised against.

Hopefully the day will be smooth and incident free. Fingers crossed.

D

Deleted member 438

Doom, I can honestly say with your mods I'd rather be on your bike. The fz is a great bike, but in stock form, its one I can outride. Being a former racer, deal's gap regular, and track addict for the better part of the last quarter century, I am a little nervous to see what happens with the stock tires and suspension. Plus, since I don't have a trailer or tow vehicle, I'm riding to the track, which is something I've always advised against.

Hopefully the day will be smooth and incident free. Fingers crossed.

I can imagine that the stock tires are gonna be fairly scary. I picked up some BT-016, which I heard some.good things about. I'm going to be riding my bike to the track because I don't have any other way of getting it down there; I also have my fingers crossed that nothing happens.

C

Camo

Took my first ride on my new BT-016's yesterday and was ecstatic with the level of grip and especially the feel in the front!

DLSGAP

Ok... soooooooo

After about half a lap on cold tires I decided that this bike is definitely a better commuter bike than it is a track bike.

Underpowered, suspension is crap, and the riding position fights against what should be normal track position. The stock tires only slid once on me and gripped good at full lean, but turn in was slower than i prefer.

One good thing... throughout the day, there was ZERO brake fading

D

Deleted member 438

Sorry that you were a little disappointed in the way the FZ8 performed. I think I am going to love it since this is my first track day. Who knows, maybe this will motivate to get a 600 super sport, which was my original plan, but I walked out with the FZ8.

C

calscrazy

the fz8 is fine if you understand what it is. even folks with fz1's have to do suspension work. i have both an r6 and fz8 in my garage. NO WAY am i riding the r6 daily or on trips.