Thinking new bars...

BigD

6'8" and riding is fine but seems that the taller riders may benefit better from flat or less of a rise than standard...anyone suggest otherwise or?
Good bars to look at or?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

BigD

Maybe fz1 bars as they come with the pre drilled holes also... anyone use these and find them better for being a taller rider?

Woody146

Banned
I am running speigler lsl...super bike bend to be exact..black in aluminum..love em

Speigler makes a bunch of bends...there is also renthal (yes same company as the grips) that has bars..I'm not as familiar with them as I don't have them...but they are very good...both are road approved..renthal I believe is U.S. So it is up to U.S. Specs...speigler is German...so they are t.u.v. Approved

There are a few member running fz1 bars

Edit: yes...I drilled the holes in the new bars...it's only 3 holes..they don't have to be exact..just close

DanS

Commuter
Maybe fz1 bars as they come with the pre drilled holes also... anyone use these and find them better for being a taller rider?

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/4120-fz1-handlebar-pics.html
The FZ1 bars work well for me but I'm only 5'10". Now if I were nearly a foot taller than maybe something like this ~

:cheers:

decooney

6'8" and riding is fine but seems that the taller riders may benefit better from flat or less of a rise than standard...anyone suggest otherwise or?
Good bars to look at or?

On this forum, there are some nice photos of FZ1 flat bars on FZ8s, and they look great. If you are looking to lean forward and yourself positioned a tad more over the front wheel, this seems like a great solution.

I have the LSL Fat Bars which are wider grip, which also pulls me over the front wheel more by reaching wider, however they have a low rise to them. Also, I' can rotate them up or down too to try different lean angle and riding positions.

Larry P

I'm not as tall as you but I bought Renthal Ultra-low street bars and after having them for over a year I have no complaints. Lower rise than stock, more durable, lighter, wider, sexier :D

BigD

I'm not as tall as you but I bought Renthal Ultra-low street bars and after having them for over a year I have no complaints. Lower rise than stock, more durable, lighter, wider, sexier :D

yeah 6'8" is tall I guess ;) should have been born in the states..would prob be in nba and rich by now ha ha! (at 28 there is still hope :D)
lower bars and maybe a bigger screen than the Yamaha bug screen I have fitted..something to help with the wind a little being it is naked I cant complain :)

got any pics with the bars fitted aat all? any fitment problems? clearance issues?

Last edited:

slowkey

some things to take into consideration when changing bars (just got spiegler street bars)

-probably need adapters for bar ends (the spiegler adapters that match mine are another $35)
-stock bars are 26" ,if you go wider you'll probably need new brake lines unless you cut down the bars (I am going to cut down my bars)
- and as mentioned some of the controls have pins which you'll either need to grind down or drill your bar

BigD

Another thing...would the R6 clip ons be a better option for the taller rider than flat /low rise bars?

Woody146

Banned
Me either...drilled the holes further in ( approximately where stock was) controls all fit fine..just had to adjust the brake lines..they were at a weird angle....I have about an inch after each grip before the bare end starts...so I got lsl slim bar ends (7/8) and clamped my crgs on that space..fits perfect...a tad wider than stock but you get used to that

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Another thing...would the R6 clip ons be a better option for the taller rider than flat /low rise bars?

Not unless you want to be bent over.... But Cambo did it, worked fine for him with very little if no modification.

Look into apex adjustable riser clipons, they have 2 and 4 inch adjustable heights and the bars are angle adjustable.

Larry P

Clip-ons sound like they would make the strangest rider triangle with forward rearsets. Chiming in with an echo I also didn't have to get new brake lines or anything with my rental bar. I don't even use bar ends. Doesn't vibrate at all and I never get numb. No clearance issues either. I DO use CRG bar end mirrors which clamp pretty hard on the end so that may be helping. I'll post pictures later since I rode the mighty R1 to work :D. Personally I would embrace the nakedness of the FZ8 1.) You're too tall for any windscreen to ever be effective 2.) It's a naked design, if you're euro shoulda bought the Fazer 8 if you wanted that. Personally I'm only 6 feet tall but I enjoy the flat out naked wind <80mph

kodoq88

This is what I did to get more aggressive riding position. Just move the oem bar in (toward to you when you sit on the bike). I still get full turn. It feels like riding a cbr250. Just try this way first it's really easy and free. Took me about 5 mins

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk