Thinking about an FJR1300

dart1963

Super Moderator
congrats!
I just did the demo ride in woodbridge and hopped on the fz8 and fjr... loved the fjr. could not tell it is a 670 lb bike once she's moving and she moved really fast from a stop and roll-on.

Marthy

Nice! Very nice! Load her up and go for a long ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

I think I'm gonna sale the 8... I am getting into too much trouble lately...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

decooney

Well, she is home. This bike is big, but I like it a lot. The power is more linear, the ride is so comfortable and it still handles very well. It is quite fast as well.

hutru01,

You still around? Keep in touch and let me know how it goes with the FJ over time. I'll be interested to hear if you miss your FZ8 or if the FJ is enough to keep you content. I'll be keeping my FZ8 for a while, but plan to either buy an extra touring bike or buy something like a naked FZ1 and bagg it a few years down the road. Who knows what else will be out in 2015/2016.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
hutru01,

You still around? Keep in touch and let me know how it goes with the FJ over time. I'll be interested to hear if you miss your FZ8 or if the FJ is enough to keep you content. I'll be keeping my FZ8 for a while, but plan to either buy an extra touring bike or buy something like a naked FZ1 and bagg it a few years down the road. Who knows what else will be out in 2015/2016.

Yeah man. I am around. I am still selling off leftover stock parts for the FZ8. I haven't ridden it a lot yet. First impressions of the FJR are that its a much bigger bike. It is very nimble for its size and its very fast. The FJR has around 100 lbs on the FZ8. (Both wet weight).

I plan on sticking around though. We are all Yamaha family.

decooney

Yeah man. I am around. I am still selling off leftover stock parts for the FZ8. I haven't ridden it a lot yet. First impressions of the FJR are that its a much bigger bike. It is very nimble for its size and its very fast. The FJR has around 100 lbs on the FZ8. (Both wet weight).

I plan on sticking around though. We are all Yamaha family.

hutru01,
You still riding that FJ? Wondering what you think now that you've had it a while?

I've got some friends with R6s/FZ8s close to adding a FJ to their stable. I'm a ways off before I sell of another bike and make the leap, but closely following others who've made the jump to see if the fun and enjoyment is still there.