The New PowerCommander 5 thread

Twiste

Hey all I have a PCV on the way, only thing beyond stock is a K&N air filter. I'm thinking one of the maps already listed on the PC site will work fine for that set up. I posted for a couple reasons.....Any advice? Planning on doing the air box mod, do I need a special map and has anyone got it? Gonna get a upgraded exhaust system but not yet but when I do what's the difference between getting the proper map,getting it dynoed, or buying the auto tuner for the PC5? At any rate all advice is appreciated. I know there's other threads but most are a little old which is why I stared this one.

Thanks

Peace

Thomas

cmurder

Pillion
if you look there are some good maps available on various sites , Auto tune would be the way to go as you will be able to dial it in mod per mod .... ECU flash and PCV with DYNO tune would be the ultimate package

Twiste

You should save yourself some money and get a ecu flash instead.

Uhmmm yea not really going to work since I'm upgrading one thing at a time and the flashs would need to be done everytime, Also as stated I've already ordered anyway.

Twiste

if you look there are some good maps available on various sites , Auto tune would be the way to go as you will be able to dial it in mod per mod .... ECU flash and PCV with DYNO tune would be the ultimate package

Thanks cmurder, I've tried googling and only found maps on PC sight. I'll keep lookin though perhaps I've missed some.

cmurder

Pillion
Uhmmm yea not really going to work since I'm upgrading one thing at a time and the flashs would need to be done everytime, Also as stated I've already ordered anyway.

for the ecu flash get the basic setup restrictions air box mod AIS delete k/n filter (and headers,) those are all the cheap easy things to do then use your pc5 to dial that thing in get the r6 throttle tub if you haven't already best bang for the buck

bimmertech12

Guhls will reflash your ecu for free forever after the initial purchase....