The new Icon Airframe Ghost Carbon

Perron

Hey guys! I'm just wondering if anyone got the new Ghost Carbon from Icon. It's pricey but sexy as hell IMO.

If anyone owns one I'm very interested in a quick review!

Here's the link:

Airframe Ghost Carbon - Black | Products | Ride Icon

cambo

Avid Rider
that is sweet.

I can't speak to the Ghost carbon specifically, but I did own an Icon Airframe Manic before recently selling it.

Comparing it to a Shoei 1100 and an Arai Corsair the Airframe, IMO:

1) Provided the best peripheral vision
2) Flowed air the best...like a SHIT ton of air.
3) Provided the most comfortable interior. Hydra-dry lining was super comfortable, and always felt dry against my face, no matter how much I felt like I was sweating.
4) Accessory shields are much, much cheaper.

The Arai Corsair was noticeably lighter than the other two, but I imagine a carbon version of the Airframe would be super light as well.

F3NIX

Idk but I might have to buy a new helmet after seeing that thing! I currently use a bell evo revolver....but its got too much wind noise for my liking. I wish the airframe wasnt quite so pricey...we will see.

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

Perron

Idk but I might have to buy a new helmet after seeing that thing! I currently use a bell evo revolver....but its got too much wind noise for my liking. I wish the airframe wasnt quite so pricey...we will see.

sent from my FZ8 whike driving 100mph...using tapatalk2

I got the same helmet this summer. It's like riding the visor open all time... I tried it on a faired bike and it's a good helmet for it's price, but man on a naked bike it sucks...

PNUT

The Variant Ghost Carbon Naked looks nice as well, might fit the Upright style a little better.

F

fz8kansas

I have an Airmada and love it. It seems to come thru the air pretty well until speeds get up much higher then the law allows. I like the liner it stays dry and it fit my head better that all others except the Shoei. but it was one third the price. And from looking at the prices on the link I got a pretty good deal on mine. I also like how quiet it is once the shield is locked down. not a lot of whistling from the wind and the edges of the helmet.

dtbrown

I loved my Icon but after a year I went with a Shoei GT air. Really needed the room for my bluetooth speakers and the Icon not having the integrated space for bluetooth system really pressed against my ears. But loved my Icon.

F3NIX

I got the same helmet this summer. It's like riding the visor open all time... I tried it on a faired bike and it's a good helmet for it's price, but man on a naked bike it sucks...

Yeah disappointed after spending 2 bills on it. Prob throw it on fleebay and buy the airframe. How is the airframe with wind noise? Another thing modular helmets suck if your going to use a communicator. You have to have the stupid wand crammed in front of your mouth.

Sent from my phone

cxa0897

I was looking at them, but I wish they would get snell rated. I need a snell rated helmet to hit any of the tracks around here, makes it real tough to justify the price if I can't use it there. Other than that, I like everything about them, and I have no complaints with my alliance.

F3NIX

Scratch that. I ordered this helmet then after reading reviews I decided to cancel the order. Im going with the shoei air gt instead. The icon airframe isnt quiet enough (from the reviews I read). If im spending 500+ on a helmet I want it to fit, be queit and look good. :)

Sent from my phone

Last edited: