The FZ1 has risen from the flames!!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Well, no flames were involved here, but I have been working hard to gather the money to get my bike back on the road from this:

http://www.fz1-forum.com/forum/fz1-general-discussion/15674-so-short-lived.html

So I finally got all the parts, and the weather was nice, so I have taken the last couple of days off. Here is some progression photos:

There were a few issues that popped up, so I had to order a few extra parts, so she isn't done yet, but it is very close to being ridable. Definately getting pumped.

Last edited:

charris247

Looking good! The riding season only started a few weeks ago so you haven't missed too much. Hopefully you get it on the road soon.

Good luck!

DanS

Commuter
She's looking good Chad, Hope you're back in the saddle soon! Glad you're ok! Damn dude that's a scary situation, slam into a parked van or lay her down in front of a tractor trailer. You're lucky it could have been much worse! We're lucky, a bunch of us would still have ugly headlights had it been any worse

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Looking good! The riding season only started a few weeks ago so you haven't missed too much. Hopefully you get it on the road soon.

Good luck!

I know, I kept thinking, I need to get this bike done because it is starting to get nice!

awesome dude!

I know, can't wait to get back out there.

She's looking good Chad, Hope you're back in the saddle soon! Glad you're ok! Damn dude that's a scary situation, slam into a parked van or lay her down in front of a tractor trailer. You're lucky it could have been much worse! We're lucky, a bunch of us would still have ugly headlights had it been any worse

Thanks Dan, it is definitely getting exciting. Yes, it was scary, more so for my wife, because she got a call that I was in an accident from a strange woman. I definitely could have been killed, but I can't keep thinking about that our else I will never be able top ride again. Thanks, glad I was able to hook up everyone's headlights!

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD

Blanchy

Looks great and very close. Like the white radiator shrouds. Might be just me but I like a dark windscreen. Bought a Chinese cheapie for mine $15 delivered I think.