Tall-size jacket recommendations?

alexk

Weekend Rider
Hey tall guys... any suggestions on jackets (preferably mesh) that are long enough? I'm concerned that my current jacket is too short and may ride up during a spill.

I've tried a bunch of jackets and they all range from too short to way too short. The best I've found is the now-discontinued XLT-sized [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089GBER0/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive"]BILT BLM-1[/ame], but there is about 6 inches between the jacket's rear zipper and the corresponding zipper on the [ame="http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Street/Motorcycle-Pants/Textile/brand/BILT%20IRON%20WORKERS/Steel-Motorcycle-Jeans/p/41393_200503_1728"]kevlar jeans[/ame].

The Sedici Verona is a little longer, and closes that gap to about 3 inches. Still not long enough. It does, however, have the same zipper.

For reference, I'm 6'5", relatively thin (210lbs), and mostly body (34" inseam).

alexk

Weekend Rider
My solution: Tour Master's Sonora.

I ended up in a size L. Its arms and body are the perfect length for me. It's comfortable. It's easily seen. It comes with removable waterproof and insulative layers. It's a high-flow mesh jacket. It's $215 at Cyclegear.

tri dude

Great find Alex. I have almost exactly the same measurements except I'm shorter by 1/2". Most of the L size jackets out there are so short in length and the XL are better in length but massive in the body!!!!

PNUT

Cortech GX Air 3 come in tall sizes I'm 6.1 215 in a Large Tall fits great. has a zip out liner that makes t three season out here in Socal

alexk

Weekend Rider
Yup! Cortech and Tour Master are the same company! Lots of overlap there.

My BILT jeans above gave up the ghost (stitching frayed), and my Sedici Alexa Air 3's pulled through its own stitching in under a month of normal wear, so I'll be looking at Tour Master Flex and Venture Air pants today if all goes to plan.

Finding good gear that fits is a pain in the ass! =(