Tail Bags

Zenfist

Hey guys, last Sunday I went for a wonderful twisty mountain roads ride with my step sister and her husband. So much fun! She has a Kawasaki 650, not sure year or model, and he has a Yamaha FZ1. Got to ride his, and man that was a sweeet bike. Much smoother, more power, easier to flip bike around corners. He has rearsets on it so that helps, but it was a nice ride. I still like the 8 better, though, it is a bit rougher and you can really feel the torque, plus it is still a great handling bike.

Anyways, on to the question. Does anyone have any experience with tail bags? They both had the cycle guys fastpack, and it seemed to work well for them. I have been looking at different ones, and would like some input. The other one I spied HERE.

I like the look of the ebay one (minus the monster logo), but I have seen the fastpack from cycle guys in action, and it is very convenient.

Darksabre

I got this one from OGIO and I really like it. :

OGIO Tail Bag - RevZilla

I got it off ebay at almost the same price as the one you linked. It looks like the OGIO will hold a lot more than the ebay one. I can fit two full sized twelve packs in mine and still zip it shut. Still had room in the side zippers for phone, wallet, garage door opener, etc.

Zenfist

How does it connect onto your bike? Honestly it is probably too big for what I need. The first one I mentioned above slips into the seat, and you can leave it there. With nothing in it and both zippers closed, it looks like just a seat.

The eBay one looks almost like a rear cowl, which would be sweet.

I am planning on going to a couple of bike shops nearby and check out bags. If yours is there I'll definitely give it a look.

Umyaya

How does it connect onto your bike? Honestly it is probably too big for what I need. The first one I mentioned above slips into the seat, and you can leave it there. With nothing in it and both zippers closed, it looks like just a seat.

The eBay one looks almost like a rear cowl, which would be sweet.

I am planning on going to a couple of bike shops nearby and check out bags. If yours is there I'll definitely give it a look.

It straps on. You have 4 hooks that you run under the passenger seat.

tzortn

Pillion
I use a Nelson Riggs CL 1060 tail bag. It is low profile and blends in with the shape of the FZ8. I didn't need a huge tail bag, I just wanted something to carry things like my GPS and phone. It is big enough to fit a par of shoes and light jacket.

eru000

I use a Kriega US-20. I love it. It's really only good for clothes and anything that can be squished, since it's method of attachment is being cinched down from the top, but for anything squishy (I use it mainly for clothes and whatnot anyway) it does VERY well. It's waterproof, and it's expandable (you can attach more Kriega US bags to it). I use it for long trips and short weekend trips. I'm actually typing this from Tennessee, having ridden down from NY for three days with it on my bike.

Check it out on revzilla, they have reviews and videos and such. They have multiple sizes for the US line, and other bag options. Kriega - RevZilla

Last edited:

Zenfist

I use a Kriega US-20. I love it. It's really only good for clothes and anything that can be squished, since it's method of attachment is being cinched down from the top, but for anything squishy (I use it mainly for clothes and whatnot anyway) it does VERY well. It's waterproof, and it's expandable (you can attach more Kriega US bags to it). I use it for long trips and short weekend trips. I'm actually typing this from Tennessee, having ridden down from NY for three days with it on my bike.

Check it out on revzilla, they have reviews and videos and such. They have multiple sizes for the US line, and other bag options. Kriega - RevZilla

That one is quite large, but looks pretty good.

Zenfist

I use a Nelson Riggs CL 1060 tail bag. It is low profile and blends in with the shape of the FZ8. I didn't need a huge tail bag, I just wanted something to carry things like my GPS and phone. It is big enough to fit a par of shoes and light jacket.

I like that one, are you able to secure it to the seat pad only, not strap down past the rear cowling?

tjfisher

I run the CL-1040 but i use it to commute sometimes and it fits everything . plus i have some nelson riggs soft saddles if i need the space