SW Motech luggage rack

Last night into today I spent about 2 hours installing the tail bracket and a generic led tail light.

The good... structurally it seems very heavy duty and stab..

The bad.... It take forever to install and with a simple change in the design of one bracket, it would cut the install time in half or less. The under tail bracket has a hole cut out wires... which means you have to go deep into the tail to unwire the license plate light and turn signals, then entirely remove the fender, slip this bracket back into place and rerun wires. If I didn't have kids sleeping, I would have cut a slot so I could have slid it in without redoing everything....the cut would in no way diminish the strength of this as the stress on the bracket is going down, not side to side. So I got the bracket installed and after hand tightening bolts, I realized that it nearly blocks a view of the tail/brake light...especially to taller vehicles behind you...So I plan on installing a hard case with lights, but until I have it, this will have to wait to be installed completely...luckily the hardest part of the install can be left on without the rest of it installed.

The design...This comes in 4/5 pieces (not counting fasteners)... two (left/right sides)custom bent pipe with welded brackets which connect to a far forward engine/frame bolt, the foot peg brackets and the other two included pieces, which includes the under tail bracket and the luggage mount bracket...as an option you can purchase an adapter bracket for many popular brands of hard cases.

My recommendation....I have not priced it out, but the European Fazer8 has an OEM bracket that mounts in a way that looks much easier...only catch is you have to cut your tail plastics or find an OEM UK Fazer8 tail.

Last edited: