Stutter

JAMF

Hello, my 2011 FZ8 has a stutter. If I’m cruising along and give it some throttle, it stutters or hesitates just a bit then kicks in. Usually at about 4 to 5 thousand RPM’s. It’s been doing this for about a year and only does it about half the time. Filter is good, plugs are good, bike is well maintained. It has 26,500 on the odometer. Other than that it runs great, starts right up. Talked to my dealer about it and he is uncertain, and checking with Yamaha. Any Ideas??
Thanks,
Pat

JAMF

Premium. Could be bad gas I suppose, This last tank I bought was in a small town. Ill have to pay more attention to when this happens and where I bought gas.

racetech92

It could be a possibility, gas that sits longer with high ethanol will start to break down quicker especially good gas in a small town.

Keach

Could be a few different things but I'm wondering if you're just feeling the natural power dip that is very noticeable with the stock bike. If recommend an ecu flash by turbo joe or flashtune as it just about completely removes the power dip. Also is the bike up to operating temps when it happens? Others have found it will do that when the bike isn't completely warmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo

I feel a little something auround 3-5 k rpm also.. Minor but its here. Was wondering if it was stutter or me being jerk with the trottle. I felt it more when i keep it at 4 k rpm on highway...than i want to accel a bit and felt it was hesitating a little.