Stand alone quick shifter

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Can you give me a little more info than that...... I'm into doing anything interesting to my bike, I'm even looking into doing a slipper clutch....

Not because I want one, but because if I could get it to work, some other members might like one.

I was going to do the power commander quick shifter, but since that came off the bike I was looking for another way to have one.

pajkrubi

It seems like a LOT of money for something so minor. If you were doing a lot of drag racing I could see it but not for 99% of the riders. In my opinion I don't think you'd gain much time over just clutchless shifting or even a very fast, short blip of the clutch. I think you could make up more ground in a drag race just by practicing and getting a really good, fast launch which seems to be one of the hardest parts of a sport bike. I've had years of drag racing cars and at least with them the first 60' is where most races are won unless you just have a really mismatched pair of vehicles and one just over powers the other. I think it would be a lot better piece if it was ~$50 or so.

Now a slipper clutch on the other hand can be worth it's weight in gold. I wonder if one out of an R1 would fit our bikes?

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
It seems like a LOT of money for something so minor. If you were doing a lot of drag racing I could see it but not for 99% of the riders. In my opinion I don't think you'd gain much time over just clutchless shifting or even a very fast, short blip of the clutch. I think you could make up more ground in a drag race just by practicing and getting a really good, fast launch which seems to be one of the hardest parts of a sport bike. I've had years of drag racing cars and at least with them the first 60' is where most races are won unless you just have a really mismatched pair of vehicles and one just over powers the other. I think it would be a lot better piece if it was ~$50 or so.

Now a slipper clutch on the other hand can be worth it's weight in gold. I wonder if one out of an R1 would fit our bikes?

Stop obsessing over the cost......
Your still missing the point, all quick shifters are around 200$-300$.... And normally you need an additional 500$ in s;$& to have it hence, Pcv or bizzaz. So this one would be nice for people who are using a flashed ecu but want a quick shifter.

And no, the 2008 r1 slipper clutch will not fit.... According to the thread I have here.......
http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-technical/3845-fz8-big-r1-heart.html?highlight=heart

pajkrubi

Well when you don't have a whole lot of extra money laying around at the end of the month you kinda HAVE to obsess over money. Not everybody is wealthy and has tons of spending money laying around. The wife works part time right now and is going to school for her RN so I can't just drop $200 on something that isn't a real big mod. Maybe when she's done and making good money then I won't obsess over money as much.

AndyS

Banned
I had an air shifter on a 79 Kawasaki Z1 with a 1480 big bore kit and nitrous. Is this the same. Sorry, that was many many years ago and I have been out of bikes for a while..

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I had an air shifter on a 79 Kawasaki Z1 with a 1480 big bore kit and nitrous. Is this the same. Sorry, that was many many years ago and I have been out of bikes for a while..

No, this ones all electric....

But that sounds like a wicked bike lol