Speed sensor coupler FZ8

alano79

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where to look for the speed sensor coupler? I need to find it to to attach a new gear indicator thtat I just bought...but unfortunately I have no idea of where to connect it! If anyone has a photo would be great!!
Thanks boys
Alan

9 Lives

The square thing with the silver bolt holding it in place in the pic is your speed sensor, to see it you need to look underneath the bike. Remove your seat and tank, the connector is under the tank, follow the wire up and it will come to a diamond shaped 3 wire connector. The pink wire is the signal wire. I don't have a pic of the connector itself.

20150211_162959.jpg

alano79

The square thing with the silver bolt holding it in place in the pic is your speed sensor, to see it you need to look underneath the bike. Remove your seat and tank, the connector is under the tank, follow the wire up and it will come to a diamond shaped 3 wire connector. The pink wire is the signal wire. I don't have a pic of the connector itself.

View attachment 5502

Thanks a lot buddy....
Tomorrow I will give it a go and then in case get in touch again if in trouble!
Much appreciated

alano79

View attachment 5502

foto 1.jpgfoto 2.jpg

Mate,

I am now trying to find the crankshaft position sensor (I need to find the gray cable in order to attach one of the cables from the GIpro gear counter). As you can see top left of the fuirst photo, I tried to peel off the black tape to find the cable but I am unable to find it. Do you know if I am looking in the right place?

thanks a lot