Speed Channel... WTF!

waypoint

mod squad
Speed clearly has no clue who watches their channel. 99% of their commentators are wankers who, like the rest of the broadcast sports networks in America, have taken the word color out of color commentating. But Speed goes a step further and requires theirs to speak like they are talking to a person who's never seen a motorcycle before.

I watch all MotoGP races from MotoGP.com cause Speed lets that buffoon that can't say Lorenzo butt into Gavin and Nick's commentary before the race and to recap everything after the commercials.

And now they lost WSBK. WFT!!! I sure hope Beinsport broadcasts the rest of the season cause no WSBK just aint right.

Don't even get me started on SuperCross. Thank God for Fro cause I'd have to turn it off if all I got to hear was Ralph Shaheen and Erin Boobs, eh Bates. And Ricky... Oh man he could ride. But he just can't talk.

Ok, lets talk AMA Road Racing. We play drinking games with Scott Russle. Every time he says "I tell you what" you have to take a drink! No driving after cause you're waisted!!!! Sad to say but Greg White and Lee Diffey may be the saving grace here cause Ralph Shaheen... OMG... Can someone just fire him. :rant::slap:

Say what you will but guys like Johnathan Green, Steve Martin, Gavin Emmet, Nick Harris, Ian Wheeler... Those guys are part of their respective series... They're at all the events. They're at the tests. They're down in the pits. They know all the riders. They're on the road with the whole show. They know their shit and make the races fun and exciting.

I'm just sayin :soapbox:

H

Hoover

Since Speed was bought by Fox, they have been slowly watering down the channel. F1 was not renewed this year and has defected to NBC Sports.

There are a bunch of rumours that Fox wants to rename Speed and take it away from motorsports.

They have lost most of their good commentators, Bob Varsha is one of the only ones left.

D

Deleted member 438

I didn't know they lost wsbk. I just thought they weren't playing Phillip Island because it was kind of an odd ball race, as far as it's timing on the schedule.

C

calscrazy

speed sucks. used to could count on it for all racing. now its a game of channel surfing. i watch the beinsports video stream.....no commercials!! no need to raise the satellite bill for one channel.

Jacek3743

When I watch F1, I turn on Speed, mute it and then turn on the same broadcast in Polish to listen to their commentators and watch on Speed just for its picture quality. Usually Speed's commentating is all off topic and pointless...

waypoint

mod squad
When I watch F1, I turn on Speed, mute it and then turn on the same broadcast in Polish to listen to their commentators and watch on Speed just for its picture quality. Usually Speed's commentating is all off topic and pointless...

Really? I left F1 outta my rant cause I rather like Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett. Buxton is a little flaky and always sounds like he's running outta air. But, hey... Speed screwed that pouch too.

Jacek3743

Really? I left F1 outta my rant cause I rather like Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett. Buxton is a little flaky and always sounds like he's running outta air. But, hey... Speed screwed that pouch too.

Comparison to the European commentators, Speed's aren't that great. Usually the ones overseas stick to what's currently happening during the race 99%.

fazemon

Speed Channel...WTF!

Speed Channel had gotten to where they treated WSBK like a red headed step child anyway.It could and would be preempted by any NASCRAP event they could find. They even didnt show the last 2 races at the end of the year on race day,instead deciding to show them the following tuesday. You send them an email asking why and they couldnt even be bothered with a response,canned or not..But I gotta say, as a fan who has watched WSBK since its inception in 1988, ITS A FUGGIN SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS, WHEN THERE IS NO TELEVISED WORLD SUPERBIKE RACING IN THE US. I hope Speed channel or whatever it gets renamed loses so much money it just goes away.