has a how to on it
Thinking of doing it myself and trying to figure out the best way to do so
Thanks

TwoWheels

Seeing if anyone that has plasti coated their front fork tubes
has a how to on it
Thinking of doing it myself and trying to figure out the best way to do so
Thanks

When I did mine over the winter, I was also doing my headlight mod, so after I had the headlight and gauge cluster off, I just tarped off the radiator and the rest of the bike, put some masking tape on the triple trees and other things I didnt want to get painted (inner tube, tire, etc) and started blasting.

I did one thick coat all around each fork for 7 days. So... seven coats for me. My headlight only has 4 coats, and it holds up great. So, that's your call. After it was all dry, I used a sharp razor blade to CAREFULLY cut around the masking tape, and then removed the tape. Done.

I was an idiot, and "painted" it in the middle of winter, like 4 degrees cold, so after spring came, I did have a couple of cracks in the plasti-dip. Just at the very bottom of the forks... SO, I got creative and took the actual Plasti-Dip, not the spray, but the dip, and used a modeling paint brush to "patch" it up. Looks great now, and after the drying you can't even tell :) Honestly, next time I have a project to dip, I might just try painting with a brush from the get go...

I'm crazy happy with the end product, and since I messed up a coat on my headlight bucket, I know for a fact that it just peels off if you ever wanted to go back to gold.

Here's a couple of pics, wish I had better pics, but I was just snapping for my own sake.

Hope that helps, and happy riding!! :)

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
two wheels that looks awesome. I've done some work for the first time with plasti dip and I really like the product. After seeing this, I'll start on the forks too!