Smog Plates

the borg

You realize that Yamaha actually lists the AIS block off plate as an available accessory on their website. I must be harmful if Yamaha offers it. :p There is no way you will notice any kind of performance change by disabling the AIS. And it does not cause more soot on the tailpipe. If the only thing you do is disable the AIS and you have excessive soot on your tailpipe then you have other problems. Especially if you still have the stock fuel setting.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'd have to question that as there clearly is unburned fuel in the exhaust system now and doesn't that lead to the 'soot' when combined with the, well, dust of the exhaust? just making conversation and voicing my questions, not disputing or arguing.

Crazywb23

Seems like a lot of back and forth over a simple mod. Yes it burns off unspent fuel. Yes you need to remove it if you install PC5 and auto tune, or have ur bike dyno'ed. It will give false fuel reading at O2 sensor. I had a custom map built and my bike dyno'ed with all the mod's listed. My bike runs phenomenal! Putting out 105hp on a good day... My suggestion, and my tech's suggestion. Loose the AIS if your going to mod the fuel system, its dead weight.