Slow to load

H

Hoover

Does anyone else have issues with this site taking forever to load pages sometimes?
I run a very fast connection, IE8 and have no issues with any other sites. I often have to refresh to get the page to load.

lyric911

Does anyone else have issues with this site taking forever to load pages sometimes?
I run a very fast connection, IE8 and have no issues with any other sites. I often have to refresh to get the page to load.

In the past week or so it's gotten quite slow for me. Also when I read all the new posts, they'll often still be in the new posts list as unread after the fact.

C

Camo

Nope, for the most part it loads just the same as any other site I frequent.
It has on occasion been a little bit of a lag fest but not to the point I've had to refresh?
Sorry, that probably doesn't help really.

V

Vapordan

Check the status bar of the browser to see if there is any script errors when there is a lag. If there is, capture the details and send it to the admins, they should know what to do.

C

Camo

It's slow to post for me, then it'll tell me that I have to wait 30 seconds to post??
It'll also double post even after I only hit [Post Quick Reply] the once...

V

Vapordan

I can confirm the slowness too. It's been happening for a couple of days now.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i've noticed posting pics or video links are getting massive lag and double posts. i've been trying to clean up the double posts as much as i can.

seems text only posts don't lag at all though.

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Hi guys I think I found a script that was bogging down. It was for some ads so I disabled it.. Let me know if this helped....

Admin

Founder
Staff member
and I rebooted the server. It could be also because all the sites are very busy being riding season.. It the lag keeps up I will move this site to new server...

thanks

Dennis

lothodon

Super Moderator
whatever you did worked for me. i wasn't even able to load the 'racing forum' at all, but it's all good now....and i can rant about motogp now!!!