Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Just recockuless

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tjfisher

I'm all over this heads up display . Some might say itsmore distractions but if setup right you would not have to take you eye off the road just info in your Peripheral
dislike
not sure

Skully Helmets

MotoZen

Go on the site and sign up to be a beta tester. I signed up a while ago and they are just now getting around to sending out confirmation emails and selecting testers. I think it's an awesome idea and really hope they pick me.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

9 Lives

Not for me, I think I will stick to the old fashioned way of situational awareness, use your mirrors or turn your head and look. There are no "blind spots" on a bike.

TorontoAlex

I tried one on and it looks silly as hell (too big). The mirrors are fuzzy and aren't really clear. Wasn't at all what I expected. I had great expectations and was disapointed.

Woody146

Banned
That's where I ride alll the time!!! That's too technological for me...and I live in silicone valley....already enough deaths on motorcycles..I feel this would increas that...

FZ8Panda

I'm for it. I applied to be a beta tester too. Prob a long shot but wouldn't mind trying it out. I especially like the 180 degree camera of the rear view. Ever since I dislocated both my shoulders, looking back to head check has been somewhat difficult.

Kardiac996

Signed up for Beta, Figure nothing wrong with testing that sort of configuration.

Cool idea for sure.

Thanks for the share.

tjfisher

I tried one on and it looks silly as hell (too big). The mirrors are fuzzy and aren't really clear. Wasn't at all what I expected. I had great expectations and was disapointed.

haven't had the op to try it on yet but with beta testing some of those issues will be addressed and make a excellent helmet

Woody146 That's where I ride alll the time!!! That's too technological for me...and I live in silicone valley....already enough deaths on motorcycles..I feel this would increas that...

i know there is alot of people that feel the same but how would more views of your surroundings cause more accidents?:confused:

Woody146

Banned
haven't had the op to try it on yet but with beta testing some of those issues will be addressed and make a excellent helmet

Woody146 That's where I ride alll the time!!! That's too technological for me...and I live in silicone valley....already enough deaths on motorcycles..I feel this would increas that...

i know there is alot of people that feel the same but how would more views of your surroundings cause more accidents?:confused:

Around here ...people are extremely bad drivers...it's ridiculous....I mean..I could see it being a pro and a con..in my case..the cons outweigh the pros...

tjfisher

Around here ...people are extremely bad drivers...it's ridiculous....I mean..I could see it being a pro and a con..in my case..the cons outweigh the pros...

OK i can see that .. i've only made one trip to ca (Disney) and it was crazy to drive and i couldn't imagine it on a cycle

Woody146

Banned
Haha yea...I live in San Jose...ove 1 million people here...just like L.A. If I didn't have to worry about other drivers..that thing would be sick!

npeifer2308

The video on the company's website def makes the helmet look promising. I think it is a great idea, specially the integrated GPS. I hate taking my eyes off the road to look at my phone on my handle bars. Right now i'm leaning towards like but could easily change my mind once more reviews are released.

MotoZen

The video on the company's website def makes the helmet look promising. I think it is a great idea, specially the integrated GPS. I hate taking my eyes off the road to look at my phone on my handle bars. Right now i'm leaning towards like but could easily change my mind once more reviews are released.

I agree 100%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Vhutchinson

I wonder what the pricing is going to be like for this helmet? My only concern would be the weight of this thing. It looks big just from the pictures but I could be wrong

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

npeifer2308

I wonder what the pricing is going to be like for this helmet? My only concern would be the weight of this thing. It looks big just from the pictures but I could be wrong

I found this online from Gizmag.com about the pricing - "Anyone can sign up as a potential beta tester for the Skully AR-1. The company's criteria for selection are not known, but it is safe to say that, given the expected US$1,000 retail price, more attention will probably be given folks who ride serious bikes."

How true that is idk, but it seems within limits. Even though that seems like a legitimate price for this helmet it is def way out of my price range.

As for the weight of the helmet, I couldn't find any info on that but it really should not make the helmet weigh a ridiculous amount. It is def going to weigh more than a traditional helmet but the technology that is being implemented into the helmet is quite simple and depending on how they manufacture it, the components should be small, compact, and lightweight.

master paper clip

Has anyone heard from this company yet, i applied over a year ago to be a tester. I got a email back in November that beta testing was starting soon and from what there website shows still havnt

Vhutchinson

I have applied over a year ago as well and havent seen anything. They have been promoting like crazy but still no sign of a launch