SJ4000 action cam first vids - Niagara Escarpment roads

Fazer 8

Thanks. I think the 2nd and 3rd vids are better quality on YouTube because I didn't molest them at all (like by editing them which then requires re-encoding them, which so far everything I've used to do it has reduced the quality, at least somewhat). I haven't had a chance to edit the 2nd and 3rd ones using YouTube's tools yet, though.

Rotaryknight

How do you like the camera?

I was thinking about buying the sj4000 until woot had the contour for $100.
Seen Techmoan reviews of it and people seem to love it.

Fazer 8

How do you like the camera?

I was thinking about buying the sj4000 until woot had the contour for $100.
Seen Techmoan reviews of it and people seem to love it.

I have no experience with other cams of this type to compare it to, but from what I can tell it seems to take pretty good videos, comparable to the GoPro 3 White, or the Contour HD. It's very comparable to the GoPro in terms of its form factor and accessories, of course. It certainly comes with a pretty complete set of mounts.

Seems to be good value for the money, although I overpaid for mine, mostly due to paying for (barely) expedited shipping and then the taxes and customs brokerage fees (to Canada). If I was doing it again I'd buy from a good eBay seller and wait for it to be shipped by mail from China - that way there's a good chance it doesn't get taxed at all, and if it does the post office's brokerage fees are much more reasonable.

Anyway, seems like it will serve my purposes well. I've got an extra battery, cradle charger and car mount coming from eBay.

Bagman

Hamilton - Ridge Rd. Nice! Wife and I close on a house in Burlington in Sept! I have a 2011 Blue Fazer 8!

Fazer 8

Hamilton - Ridge Rd. Nice! Wife and I close on a house in Burlington in Sept! I have a 2011 Blue Fazer 8!
Yeah, thanks. I live just off centennial a few km south from the beginning of ridge road. Those blue Fazers were good looking. My "race blu" paint scheme is still growing on me.

New video, if this works. Not available on mobile - I'll fix that.

Cayuga to Cambridge Part 1: Cayuga to Cambridge Part 1 - YouTube