Site suggestions

lothodon

Super Moderator
I've been/am a member of the r1 forum as well as the fz6r forum (was my next bike before finding out the fz8 was coming to the usa) but i've noticed the much lower member count here. not that i think it's a bad thing, but in light of this i suggest cropping the hell out of the forum categories.

just a thought.

i'm guessing the categories are basic copy/paste from the other bike forums but since the fz8 series is very limited in production by comparison perhaps a pruning to simplify things might not be a bad idea. that way and potential new members won't be scared off by so many sections with zero posts. it could make this forum overall appear more populated than it is and draw in new members that might otherwise turn the other cheek.

i'm an avid forum user over the entire net and i know that when i stumble across a new forum of interest the first thing i look at is the post and member counts to see if it's worth the investment.

i'd be willing to help out in setting up a simplified listing, but i think it's rather obvious which sections are getting the most traffic. that or a current member voting system would help get others involved as well.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
The FZ8 is still a relatively new bike so give it time mate,we have had traffic increase lately ,so people are finding us...............you should have seen the FZ6 forum 4 years ago !

Speedo007

The Fz8 is just arriving in north america. And this site is way up there in google results, so I also think it's just a matter of time before new FZ8 owners join up. Not that I disagree with maybe removing a few sections...

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
I could agree. I say a couple sections should be switched from an international section to a national, or even regional section only.

For example, the International section called "I'm going for a ride, you comin'?". Someone in Europe isn't going to ride along with me through Malibu, Ca, USA, nor is someone in New York. If I'm going for a ride and would like to invite others to join in on the fun, I'd simply post in my regional section. :)

Same could go for "Upcoming events". Those events should be posted in the pertaining national or regional sections, as I have done so regarding the Progressive Motorcycle Convention.

Hellgate

I could agree. I say a couple sections should be switched from an international section to a national, or even regional section only.

For example, the International section called "I'm going for a ride, you comin'?". Someone in Europe isn't going to ride along with me through Malibu, Ca, USA, nor is someone in New York. If I'm going for a ride and would like to invite others to join in on the fun, I'd simply post in my regional section. :)

Same could go for "Upcoming events". Those events should be posted in the pertaining national or regional sections, as I have done so regarding the Progressive Motorcycle Convention.

You'd be surprised on the Event/Going Riding sections. In the FZ6 side we've had several people to multistate rides and people visit one another then the travel in the states and abroad.

I once drove from Austin to Willow Springs to do a track day with FZ6 members.

I think leaving it as it is will develop an overall board community as more members join. Wait until all of the Aussies show up....:eek:

Speedo007

Just noticed that theres another FZ8 forum (fz8forum.com) probably the best would be to have both forums merge into one...

i think so 2 i have an account with the other site also but i dont go on very often just dont think of it i did notice there are a couple of people from here over there using the same names .... how would you get that started cause the more peopel we have the beter!!!!!

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
You'd be surprised on the Event/Going Riding sections. In the FZ6 side we've had several people to multistate rides and people visit one another then the travel in the states and abroad.

I once drove from Austin to Willow Springs to do a track day with FZ6 members.

I think leaving it as it is will develop an overall board community as more members join. Wait until all of the Aussies show up....:eek:

Nice. I believe it. I've attended conventions where several members come from all over the nation.

i think so 2 i have an account with the other site also but i dont go on very often just dont think of it i did notice there are a couple of people from here over there using the same names .... how would you get that started cause the more peopel we have the beter!!!!!

I've made an account with the other FZ forum. But it's chalk full of spam last I was on...

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Hi All this site has no affiliation with the "other one" this one is run by "us" ( Me and the site admins and mods.... The server costs come out of my pocket. I make a little with the google ads but I do it because I love it!!.. The forums are my hobby...

The other is owned by a corperation that had 1000's of foums. They buy active forums and turn them in to giant adversiements full of crap.. I will NEVER sell any of my sites to them!! They Ruin forums in my opinion.... No worried thou.. We will be the premier FZ8 site.. this exact same thing happened when the FZ6 site was a wee tot. Since the FZ6 is no longer in production. I can see this one as a equal or ever better larger site as time goes on.

:D

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
You guys don't know what a premium section is? I thought I noticed the other Yamaha forums have something similar. :/

Usually a regular member can gain additional perks by donating to the forum. In return, the member is recognized as a donor, and is given additional features. For example, a forum I frequently use and contribute to is Zilvia. Here is a link: Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum - Premium Memberships.

Another I forum I participate with: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/payments.php

Usually there is a section the regular member won't see. For example, some members can offer a premie discount on items for sale.

I don't think this forum is big enough quite yet, but maybe something to consider??

Either way, I don't mind donating to the forum. No recognition need on my part, but it could be an incentive to encourage others to donate. :)

Last edited:

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
We have premium and elite memberships on the FZ6 site that gives access to the VIP lounge,we hang out,drink beer and diss the regular members ,lol

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Hahaha. Yea, I see that often.

Just yesterday, I attended a Premie BBQ on the Zilvia forum. I manned the grill. Fantastic turn out. :)