Short VA/MD Saturday (4 May) Morning ride: ~85miles/2.5hrs

cambo

Avid Rider
**CANCELLED** **CANCELLED** **CANCELLED**

Hey all, I've organized a short ride this coming Saturday morning with some guys I'm stationed with but the invite is definitely extended to local fz'ers. The route is nothing exciting...a mix of highway and local roads...there's even a ferry crossing haha. No adrenaline inducing twisties or anything. Really just a chance to log some miles. Below is taken from the facebook event I created. See attached pic for the map of the route. Hope some can make it!

Meet up: Fair Oaks Mall- Cheesecake Factory Parking lot @0800. Depart @0815

... Route (In a nutshell):
Start at Fair oaks
Take 28 towards Dulles
Take 7 towards Leesburg/White’s Ferry
Cross into MD via Ferry
Take MD 107 to MD 28
Take MD 28 to MD108
(Rest Stop/Breakfast break?)
Jump back on I-270
Exit on Falls road and follow that towards 495.
(MD folks can peel off towards MD and VA folks back to VA at the 495 re-entry.)

Route will be a mix of hwy, two lane roads, and there's even a ferry ride ($3 fare) to cross the Potomac into Maryland

Gas stop before we jump onto 270 (about the midway point)

FYI: There will be some noobs riding...myself included. Patience please haha.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Don't think I can make it this Sat. but,
I'd suggest a detour on Evergreen Mills road instead of 7... nice easy road, less traffic than 7.... that's the way I'll take home when I want to take a break... just mind your speed when you first get on when it's 25-35... cops love to sit right there...

Chantilly, VA to Leesburg, VA - Google Maps

have fun! and if I can break free I'll try to join

cambo

Avid Rider
Don't think I can make it this Sat. but,
I'd suggest a detour on Evergreen Mills road instead of 7... nice easy road, less traffic than 7.... that's the way I'll take home when I want to take a break... just mind your speed when you first get on when it's 25-35... cops love to sit right there...

Chantilly, VA to Leesburg, VA - Google Maps

have fun! and if I can break free I'll try to join

awesome, thanks--Hope you can make it man!

Last edited:

grant696

That looks like a great ride with a good amount of curves! I wish I was closer because I would be down! Have a good time and be safe.

cambo

Avid Rider
Didn't think anybody on here was planning on attending, but just in case, this event has been cancelled. The guys that originally put this ride together had to back out.

Gary

Sat ride

I was thinking about going. Depended on me getting up early on Sat. I'm in for the next one though.