Shoei RF-1000 Diabolic TC-5

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher

Just purchased this helmet brand new! Found it for $280 on Ebay, and since MSRP is $515, I didn't want to pass it up.

Found this video to be helpful as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIK4-1ddOAs]YouTube - Shoei RF-1000 Review and Info[/ame]

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Nice!!! I have the same helmet in the Strife graphic. Love the fit and features. My only complaint is that the liner isn't removable to wash.

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Oh no! Really??? I thought that would be a given... I guess we'll have to stick with that Resolve Spray n Wash nonsense, lol. Tired of doing that with my current helmet.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Nice helmet and great price mate,in Oz you would pay $800 to $1000 for that !

I just bought a HJC csr-1 for $190 and the liner in that is removable .

nice helmets guys i had a ckx with the voodoo graphic but it was stolen so i got a joe rocket one for 175

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Damn thieves...

Short Term Review:
Well, I've ridden over 100 miles so far. HUGE difference between my old crummy Zox (not SNELL approved) helmet. It's A LOT quieter and noticeably more aerodynamic. Great venting and defogger system. The lining is much softer on my skin. Great insulation.

Comfort - 10/10
Noise - 9/10
Aerodynamics - 9/10
Weight - 7/10
Venting - 8/10
Aesthetics - 9/10

Maybe I'll post a Long Term Review in a year or so, if my opinion changes much or any annoyances come up. But I doubt that it will. :p

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Another follow up. :D

Rode in the rain for the first time. The anti-fog vent works incredibly well, even while its raining. The upper ventilation slots seal well against the water.

Finally found something I'm not too happy about. Since the upper ventilation slots have transparent sliders that open or close the opening, one can see fine dirt particles begin to build up underneath the sliders. I tried using one of those CO2 dust off cans, but it didn't get it all.

BDazzler

Very nice find. I hadn't seen the RF-1000 in Diabolic. Sweet looking lid. Great price.

I think I'm going to pick up the RF-1100 in Diabolic Revelation TC-5

and my wife is going to pick up the RF-1100 in Diabolic Divinity TC-6

Shoei did finally make the liner 100% removable in the RF-1100. I've heard the cheek pads in the RF-1100 are the same as in the X-11. Enjoy that new lid, and don't use it for its intended purpose! :cool:

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i spent a small fortune for my shoei when i got my r1 in 04. the difference from my hjc helmets to the shoei was amazing. then of course my cat got ahold of the inner vinyl and tore it up.

now i'm after an icon to match my riding gear. wish i could afford a new shoei but the bike purchase was bad enough.

Speedo007

Just ordered a Bell Star for my brother (all black). Received it yesterday. I have a Shoei X-11 and I must say, I'm tempted to buy a Bell Star. Build quality is superb, has great style, is feather light, visor system is genius. And best thing of all is a new store opened and it was 299$ instead of 600$CDN. At that price it's a ridiculous deal!

Love my x-eleven, but have had it for about 4 years now...so starting to look at other options...I paid it 550$ US back then (was worth 800$CDN here).

Was also considering this one, I thought the shape of the helmet would help me control my speed...past 150km/h with that must get quite annoying...possibly just what I need...

Lou Menace

Just ordered a Bell Star for my brother (all black). Received it yesterday. I have a Shoei X-11 and I must say, I'm tempted to buy a Bell Star. Build quality is superb, has great style, is feather light, visor system is genius. And best thing of all is a new store opened and it was 299$ instead of 600$CDN. At that price it's a ridiculous deal!

Love my x-eleven, but have had it for about 4 years now...so starting to look at other options...I paid it 550$ US back then (was worth 800$CDN here).

Was also considering this one, I thought the shape of the helmet would help me control my speed...past 150km/h with that must get quite annoying...possibly just what I need...

Hahaaaa!

I'm looking at the Icon Variant as well. Didn't think anyone else had interest in it. Safety wise, it will get you noticed. Style wise...It will get you noticed :cool:

If you can get that deal on the Bell...I'd get it. At half the price? You'd be envied by the price alone.

hypo

love the shoei helmets, been wearing them since the RF-800... my head doesn't fit in any Arai, and now that you can remove the liners, I think I'll go with the warlord.