Shleeve's mods

Shleeve

Here she is :) just waiting on the brake light pressure switch which will be here tomorrow and my passenger seat grip thing. Then I can pretty much call my bike done except maybe a seat cowl and a Corbin seat eventually, but I'm in no hurry to get those.

Mods:
rideitmoto mirrors- $80
Rideitmoto shorty levers- $55
LED yamaha running light-$10
LED flush mount front signals- $20
LED rear signals- $20
Flasher relay-$20
Ebay fender eliminator kit w/ LED plate light- $30
Yamaha frame sliders- $120
Tank pad-$20
Snakeskin pads-$45
Givi windscreen-$160
Ermax radiator fairings-$180
Power commander V-$300
Two bros vale black series-$430
Smog plates-$18
Progrips-$15
Vortex rearsets- $325
HID Projector kit- $50
Painted passenger pegs black
Painted handlebar black
Front fender reflectors removed
Total spent on mods: $1900~

Someday to come:
1 down front sprocket
Seat cowl
Corbin seat

Last edited:

Speedo007

Funny thing is I have a pair of mirrors like that in my shed, just couldnt install them on the FZ8. Would have needed a longer bolt with the bar end weights. Did you just get longer bolts?

im not sure about his but i think most bar end mirrors for the fz8 come with different bar end weights! with a spot just for the bar end mirror

Shleeve

Yeah I got bigger bolts at a local hardware store that looked exactly like stock but longer for $1. Good deal.

The clamps weren't big enough to fit over my bar ends.

Shleeve

Here's a pic with my windscreen on, I love it except that it vibrates against the headlight at certain RPM's so I need to fix that.

djcecil

spent so much time on ebay in the fz8 section, i don't even need to click link to see what you bought. taking the long road to exhaust with all the stuff on the way from china this month.

Shleeve

Just ordered some Vortex Rearsets and HID projector kit with a red demon eye and a blue angel eye.

FZ8Grid

Just updated my first post, damn I added a lot since I made this thread :)

How was dealing and time that it took to get the side radiator faring? I was debating going through the ebay site you gave or the actual website.

like $197 total after shipping right?

I know when i ordered my evotech kit from their EU site it took about 18 days and im not that patient. lol

lothodon

Super Moderator
i'm very interested to see a real photo of the side fairings mounted. i'd consider the "carbon" version to match my akrapovic muffler if they look good installed.

Shleeve

How was dealing and time that it took to get the side radiator faring? I was debating going through the ebay site you gave or the actual website.

like $197 total after shipping right?

I know when i ordered my evotech kit from their EU site it took about 18 days and im not that patient. lol

I believe they were 185 after shipping and it only took like 7 days to get to me. I would definitely go through eBay. The only annoying things were I stripped a couple of the hex screws when installing them. And the wire screen in them comes seperately as a sheet so you have to cut and attach it yourself. I used hot glue lol. I'll. Post some better pics later of them.

Shleeve

Got the vortex rearsets installed today... took me 6 hours!! I was kinda disappointed because I didn't know the brake light would stop coming on. I also got the gp style shift I guess and the way it is installed you can't put the sprocket cover back on. I dremeled a large piece out of the bottom and a hole in the top for the shifter rod to go through. It actually looks pretty good now since the entire rod is hidden, I will post pics later.
I ended up buying a pressure switch made by vortex to get the brake light working, it will be here on Wednesday along with my projector kit :)