Just arrived for FZ8.

What you think about it?

Shad

Sport Rack

item for Kawasaki Z750

gretings
alfredo

kbrink

Looks cool, and I like the idea of having the hardcase in place of the passenger seat, to allow the riding a back rest! Have you seen what the cost of this system is?

H

Hoover

There are several threads on here concerning hard luggage. I am curious as to how far, how long and how often you guys are riding that you need all that storage?
I have done many long rides, many overnights and have always been able to carry enough gear in a back-pack and/or tank bag.
Not trying to be confrontational, just curious that if you are doing that much long distance stuff, why buy a naked bike with no built-in storage?

kbrink

There are several threads on here concerning hard luggage. I am curious as to how far, how long and how often you guys are riding that you need all that storage?
I have done many long rides, many overnights and have always been able to carry enough gear in a back-pack and/or tank bag.
Not trying to be confrontational, just curious that if you are doing that much long distance stuff, why buy a naked bike with no built-in storage?

Just speaking for myself, I would use the hard luggage like this about once a year, which is about as many long trips as I could stand with a naked bike. I use a backpack on a daily basis which usually works fine, but I do have soft saddle, tank & tail bags, for the rare occasion that I jet off for a weekend or longer trip. Hard luggage definitely has its advantages over soft luggage, like being waterproof & lockable and usually more room. But for me the added cost out weighs the benefits, now if I done more touring then it would be well worth the $. Then again if I done a lot of touring, I would not have an FZ8, I would be looking at an FJR or some other cool sport touring bike!! :2cents: ;)

C

Camo

I've never been able to come to terms with the price of hard luggage but I do whinge about backpacks (I do use a backpack every day)when they have plenty of weight in them...It's tiring and uncomfortable.
I'd like something like this but a touch smaller.

hypo

I am shorter in stature, and kick my leg high over the back seat (just clear it actually) and can clear saddlebags, but anything on the tail pisses me off and I end up mounting awkwardly, so I tend to stay away from crazy stacked crap on the back unless its a road trip that I'm gonna stop and take the crap off the back for awhile. :)