Shad seat review

PMPinheiro

Hi,

I'll try to make a little review about the Shad seat I have for almost a year in my FZ8, the image is for illustration only, this is not my bike, but the seat is just as mine is.

618909.jpg

The order arrived in a big package and well packed. The seat was bought new, and arrived without scratches, just perfect.
The price was 250€, not a cheap mod, but despite my worries, for the quality, it was worth it.

Mounting the seat required some hardware from the original seat, small metal pieces made to secure the seat structure to the motorcycle chassis. Those pieces had to be unscrewed and mounted on the new seat. other than that, the installation on the motorycle was just plug in.

The ride quality:
Here is one of the most importante parts.
I bought this seat to better accomodate the passenger, since my girlfriend allways complained she could not handle the passenger position for longer than 40/50km. With this new seat she is 1 or 2 cm higher and with a less inclined position, that made quite a difference. She can now travel for longer periods and with the knees less bent.
The passenger seat has a thinker sponge, and that makes a more comfortable travel. The bumps are less noticeable.

The rider seat has less sponge and is less inclined too, being thiner, I had some concerns about the comfort it could provide, but because of it's design, more plane, it ives you a larger área to be sit, this means your ass has the weight of your body distributed for a bigger area, so, less weight for cm2 lol all this means it's comfy :)

Both seats have anti slip padded surfasse, this works just fine.

Bottom line, it's a very good seat, you can travel longer and because of the non-slip surfasse you aren't smahed to the fuel tank.

Worth the investment.

HeresMyMind

Good to know! i am seat shopping for my FZ8, my fiance slides forward to much, and i prefer to sit towards the back of the seat so that clashed and she kept pushing me into the tank.

has your +1 noticed less or no sliding?

-B

PMPinheiro

With this seat she only slides in hard braking. I felt what you are feeling right now... This is a problem solver.

HeresMyMind

Thanks for the info, ordering the seat today!

Corbin was a no go with fitment issues, and price.

Top sellerie price and style was way off for me

Shad was the best style IMO and after reading 20+ reviews I made my choice thanks again

-B

DSmith

I have to the Shad seat as well. Its probably my best purchase for my FZ8. I hated the stock rider seat and my girlfriend would not ride pillion with the original seat. She's good for about an hour before her knees start cramping up but thats with any sport style bike and not related to the seat.

PMPinheiro

I'm glad my review could be of some use.

Agree with you DSmith, for the passenger it will never be a commuter, more of a 1 or 2 hour ride.

J

jer

I ordered the Shad seat shortly after picking up my '13 FZ8 last October. Just riding it home new, I felt like the seat was tilted a bit pushing me forward and I don't feel that with the SHAD seat at all. If not for this forum, I probably would never have known about the SHAD brand. Also, I noticed the prices recently were about $50 less than it cost when I ordered it. Shipping was kind of expensive but I got mine very quick (Florida to NJ), others on here have complained about it taking awhile.