SHAD Seat and Sport Rack Kit for FZ8

beemerbum

Hi there, new to the forum, but after using an FZ8 last summer for five months and about 6,000km and in having been asked about the accessories installed on it, wanted to provide the following:

SHAD Sport Rack Kit with SH37 top case, and SHAD two-piece accessory seat - had the chance to fit these goodies on the machine and didn't hesitate, as I have been using SHAD products for some years now.

The two piece seat, an accessory that many FZ8 owners have purchased and seem to be enjoying, is an excellent product in its own right...especially the rider's section - three different people used the FZ8 for extended periods of time and they all said it was a great seat.

The Sport Rack Kit is a plastic molding and fitment pieces that replace the rear seat section...it only takes a few minutes to look it over, read the instructions and adapt the molded section for the FZ8, and then it just snaps into place. The kit comes with the small top case adapter plate that is bolted (two template diagrams in the kit) to the plastic housing, and once that is done, a top case, in this instance, a SHAD SH37, was provided.

This top case is well-sized for general use, especially commuting, and for weekends. A larger top-case can be fitted, and even the largest SH48 to SH50top cases could be fitted by using the large adapter plate - which come with the SHAD top case kits.

When the Sport Kit and Top Case aren't needed, its a simple matter to remove the top case, unlock the rear module and replace it with the stock or SHAD rear seat section - good to go for two.

I was really happy to have the Sport Rack kit on the FZ8 and have since seen a few more of the Sport Rack kits on other motorcycles as SHAD makes them for many popular motorcycles. I have some photos, but cannot get them uploaded it seems...

Cheers, Bruce

Gary

Tail case

I installed the Shad sh33 top case. I really like it. I use it all the time. I may get the bracket that fits the case to the rear seat. If I go that route I'll remove the large bracket that holds the case now. Shad makes good products.