Service at dealership woes

Zenfist

So the other day I went to start the bike and it was doing the solenoid clicking. I used my charger and charged it up, started it later and it seemed good. Turned it off to gear up, and it wouldn't start again. I called the dealership to see what was covered in warranty, talked to the service guy and he said just to bring it down. So the next day I take it down after having trickle charged it all night, and they check it out. He says the charging system is great, and the battery looks ok too. So I ride it home. I get home, and notice a gouge in my chain guard and scratches on my swing arm! Somebody in service dropped something in my bike, and didn't even bother to tell me!!!View attachment 3855View attachment 3856

Umyaya

So the other day I went to start the bike and it was doing the solenoid clicking. I used my charger and charged it up, started it later and it seemed good. Turned it off to gear up, and it wouldn't start again. I called the dealership to see what was covered in warranty, talked to the service guy and he said just to bring it down. So the next day I take it down after having trickle charged it all night, and they check it out. He says the charging system is great, and the battery looks ok too. So I ride it home. I get home, and notice a gouge in my chain guard and scratches on my swing arm! Somebody in service dropped something in my bike, and didn't even bother to tell me!!!View attachment 3855View attachment 3856

Typical. Dealers suck for the most part. I got lucky and found a local bike shop and met the guys. They took me under their wing. It's awesome.

reALIGNed

I'm going to assume they cleaned and tightened all battery connections to solve your no start situation, (your symptoms are typical of a loose connection). And, before you go ripping on the dealership (especially here), have you brought your concerns to their attention (the scratches)? Perhaps they are unaware of it and would be willing to compensate you.

Umyaya

I'm going to assume they cleaned and tightened all battery connections to solve your no start situation, (your symptoms are typical of a loose connection). And, before you go ripping on the dealership (especially here), have you brought your concerns to their attention (the scratches)? Perhaps they are unaware of it and would be willing to compensate you.

What part or wisconi are you from? Did you see the flood run last weekend? Crazy

Zenfist

They said they tightened the connections, but they seemed tight enough to me when I checked. Whatever they did (or didn't) do, it had no effect. After getting off work yesterday, I started the bike, realized I forgot something, turned it off and went back inside. Came out and bike wouldn't start, had to bump start. Got home and put bike in garage, and just to check I turned it off and tried to start it again, and it wouldn't. I had the battery on charger all last night, and it wouldnt start this morning, but the battery said it was 12.9 volts but it dropped to 6 when I tries to turn it over. Seems like my battery is crap.