Seemed like a good thing to do.

Ironmanhelo319

Hello everyone, I just recently had my back tire lose pressure enough that I could tell something wasn't quite right. I filled it up and it seemed like it wasn't too long (4 or so days) the pressure went down again. It was a Bridgestone Battlax BT021. The tread was pretty low also. I bought the bike when it had 7600 miles on it and I was getting close to having put 2000 miles on it. I decided that maybe a rear tire change would be good. Over the weekend I put a Michelin Pilot Road 2 on. So far I'm pretty pleased. I've got about 40 miles on the new back tire and I feel a little more confidence when turning. The Battlax was pretty flat across the tread. There was about 4 inches of flat area (2 inches on each side of the center) and then it curved toward the edge. The new tire is nice and curved all the way across. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Michelin rides. It seems like the rear end sits up a little more now.

Ironmanhelo319

Update on the new tire. This year hasn't been too good for rain where I live in Utah. Since I've gotten the new back tire I've ridden in two rain storms and the tire's been great. I'm really liking this new back tire. I feel more confident in my cornering. Some of that is that the tire is nice and curved compared to the last one that had quite a bit of flatness across the middle, but I believe the material the tire is made out of is really good also.

Ironmanhelo319

I meant to say that we haven't gotten a lot of rain like we usually do. I was fortunate to have a couple of thunderstorms come up and we got some rain.