Satan R1 shock adapter Ver. 4

onesonofamitch

kind of off topic but i just found out and personally did the modification to fit a 2009-2014 rear shock on the ver. 4 adapter. little background i ended up scoring brand new 2013 r1 front forks (black) and rear shock for 450 shipped. guy brought a new r1 and before riding it went with Ohlins front and rear so that's how i got them. on the 09 and up the shock is comp and preload adjustable (not on the spring like the 08 and down). the 09 and up shocks top mount comes apart in a few pieces. bearing, bushing and two oil seals. I removed those parts and filed the top mount down to fit into the adapter. the mount is thicker and will not fit into the adapter with-out the filing. I am waiting on new oil seals to put it together but will post pics when i do. BTW you can get 09 and up shocks on ebay with almost no miles for less then 75 bucks.

This is exactly what I want to do. How did this turn out for you? do you have pictures?

This is exactly what I want to do. How did this turn out for you? do you have pictures?

Well as far as the ride I do not know yet bike isn't done yet. It is a tight fit but it looks at home on the bike. I also still have to modify the rectifier tray havnt had time with school yet. There are pictures up but let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.

onesonofamitch

Well as far as the ride I do not know yet bike isn't done yet. It is a tight fit but it looks at home on the bike. I also still have to modify the rectifier tray havnt had time with school yet. There are pictures up but let me know if there is anything specific you want to see.

Sorry for doubling up on posts. I'm most interested in seeing how you had to file down the top mount to fit the satan adapter. I thought the only cutting of original parts was at the tray.

Sorry for doubling up on posts. I'm most interested in seeing how you had to file down the top mount to fit the satan adapter. I thought the only cutting of original parts was at the tray.

You only cut the tray if your using the 08 and older shock because that is what the adapter was made for. I got a 0 mile 2009 shock for almost nothing and like how everything is independent on it.

7DG_1768.jpg7DG_1769.jpg7DG_1770.jpg7DG_1771.jpg7DG_1772.jpg7DG_1773.jpg7DG_1774.jpg7DG_1775.jpg7DG_1777.jpg7DG_1779.jpg

here are all the pictures I have found from the 2009 shock modification. In a nutshell the shock mount is too thick for the adapter. I dissembled the shock mount which was one bearing two oil seals and two bushings that go half way into the bearing. After removing all the parts I filed both side down evenly to the my decided measurement which I do not remember. What I did remember that it was 1/8" clearance on both sides. After the shock itself fit inside I filed out the two bushings accordingly to fit. hope this helps somewhat. I still have to cut the tray havnt done that yet. I also have a CA bike so i might just order a 49 state tray to try out.

onesonofamitch

View attachment 6034View attachment 6035View attachment 6036View attachment 6037View attachment 6038View attachment 6039View attachment 6040View attachment 6041View attachment 6042View attachment 6043

here are all the pictures I have found from the 2009 shock modification. In a nutshell the shock mount is too thick for the adapter. I dissembled the shock mount which was one bearing two oil seals and two bushings that go half way into the bearing. After removing all the parts I filed both side down evenly to the my decided measurement which I do not remember. What I did remember that it was 1/8" clearance on both sides. After the shock itself fit inside I filed out the two bushings accordingly to fit. hope this helps somewhat. I still have to cut the tray havnt done that yet. I also have a CA bike so i might just order a 49 state tray to try out.

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see your bike when its all finished. Great photos by the way.

Satan666

Adapters Available

Only got about a 75% response from those who expressed interest in the last production run so I have some Version 4 adapters available. Next run in 2017.

PM for info.