ride thursday 5/24 Petersburg/VA Beach

BIGpanda

Going to be heading out if the weather is tolerable. No idea where just gonna cruise, don't know to many good rides. I haven't lived here long enough to know the good routes. If anyone wants to meetup and ride let me know I would love to follow for a day and learn some new roads.

I live in Petersburg but can be anywhere up towards Richmond or as far south as VA beach.

C

Camo

Good luck, hope you find someone with the inside run on the quality roads.
I recently joined a local riding group as alot of my riding mates have moved interstate for work... I turned up and they looked to be alot older than myself(32) riding a variety of different bikes and there was also a young guy on his L plates (learner in NSW).. We set out on a ride I'd done plenty and we did it a whole lot slower then I'd have normally done it but it was fun. On the way back a few of us got itchy feet and picked up the pace for 10-20minutes then pulled over and waited for the others.
Turns out these guys have been riding for about as long as I've been on the planet, like minded people, welcoming and friendly. It was more a social event than a serious blast but it was good to meet new people.
An older couple gave me their number as I knock off work before lunch time most days and said if the weather was good they'd be out.
Rang them yesterday and they took me down a stretch of road not far from where I normally ride that I had no idea existed! Top ride apart from a few bumps and a nice feed at the end of it ;)
Goes to show fanging around with the same people doesn't always lead you in the right direction...Two people I met a few days ago and I've got a new spot to hit and some quality friends.

Get amongst it!

D

DJK1505

We are taking off from Manassas, Va early Fri morning to go to the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, Tioga Count. Its about 5 hours from my house, wish you were a little closer and could join us. WE are leaving Friday early and coming back Saturday evening.

DJ