Rev'it! Horizon jacket and pants kit

Speedo007

I had a Rukka suit for about 5 years now (about 100 000km in it). It's starting to show a bit of wear and though it's still 100% waterproof, I don't trust the protection as much as when it was new. Even the best material with time when exposed to UV for long periods of time will end up losing some of it's properties....

So I was looking at the new Rukkas and didnt like their big logos in the back and fit wasnt as good as my older model, and jacket and pants was 2000$+. So I looked around, shopped a lot and decided to place my order on this kit. What's nice is they also like Rukka have a "tall" option for the pants. The total for Jacket + pants + tx + shipping is 900$CDN (less then what it would cost me for the Rukka jacket alone!). It's slightly cheaper on Revzilla, but once it crosses the border we get ridiculous fees+ shipping..so rarely worth it, and it's quite complicated when size doesnt fit and you need to return it accross the border.

I ride from rain to snow, from 0C to 40C in a season, and my Rukka was super comfortable, looked good, fit like a glove but it had no vents so in the summer at around 30C you started cooking from lack of air, this Rev'it! suit does have 2 nice front vents :)

They have a black and white version too that looks awesome, but with the number of bugs I pick off my jacket in a season, I went for black :)

If you're Canadian, you can only buy from Canadian stores like Blackfootdirect.com (revzilla.com and motorcycle-superstore.com arent' allowed by Rev'it! to ship to Canada).

Will update with a review when I get the suit.

Last edited:

Speedo007

Just received the suit, but these do run small. I ordered Large and Tall pants and Im 6'1" 190lbs. The length is perfect, the waist feels like it was ment to wear over underwear. Jacket size XL really has a superb quality, nice euro cut, sleeves are long enough for my long arms but feel a bit stuck in it when moving my arms around with the warm liner in (tight in the shoulder area I guess).

So its probably better if you can try them out in store before ordering, cause their size chart is way out there...they send me an XXL Jacket and XL Tall pants, will see how that goes. (I was already amazed that XL was tight on me...never in my life would I ever thought of looking at an XXL..!!). So overall top quality, live line, just make sure to order proper size. (usually one size up). The only thing I'll be replacing is the knee pads with some D3o or something, they are too small and really dont inspire confidence. The rest of the armor is basic Knox so decent.

Speedo007

Update, definetely don't buy before trying out. I got one size bigger for pants and jackets, and the fit just isnt good, at least for me. The cut is nice, the manufacturing is very high quality but I guess you really need a specific body for this to fit and be comfortable. the pants look like they were made only for sitting down, so when you stand up its baggy in the rear, not a cool look hehe, first jacket looked great but was too tight, second one baggy pretty much every where...So really nicely made product and if it fits you well you'll have quite a suit for not a lot of money considering what you get, but DO NOT order just based on their sizing charts, they will most likely be way off.

Guillaume

Update, definetely don't buy before trying out. I got one size bigger for pants and jackets, and the fit just isnt good, at least for me. The cut is nice, the manufacturing is very high quality but I guess you really need a specific body for this to fit and be comfortable. the pants look like they were made only for sitting down, so when you stand up its baggy in the rear, not a cool look hehe, first jacket looked great but was too tight, second one baggy pretty much every where...So really nicely made product and if it fits you well you'll have quite a suit for not a lot of money considering what you get, but DO NOT order just based on their sizing charts, they will most likely be way off.

So I'm looking for good winter gear. Not that I'll ride in any conditions as extreme as yours but I might go up the mountains in winter and such.
Did you ever find a replacement for your gear or did you just keep the Rukka.
Those things look nice but damn... $2,000 is a little steep.

Guillaume

I decided to buy another Rukka suit. Not 100% satisfied with it (don't like the collar), but it's the best I found so far. Motorradbekleidung von Rukka, Alpinestars, Dainese, Stadler und IXS. - Rukka Jacke, ArmaS, Gobi, Argonaut, Granite, Romeo, Edison
Here's the cheapest place I found to buy Rukka suits, its like 40% cheaper then stores in Canada. And shipping is fast and great service.

Which one do you have specifically? I'm 6'1 and a change and about 193lbs so we should be built the same.

Speedo007

I have the Rukka Athos jacket which now seems to be discontinued, size 54. And pants also seem to be discontinued but looked 95% similar to these:
Motorradbekleidung von Rukka, Alpinestars, Dainese, Stadler und IXS. - Rukka FOCUS Gore-Tex Hose
Also in size 54. I have long legs 34" inseam and they fit perfectly.

There sizes are pretty consistent over the years so whatever outfit you choose, should always be within fitting limits...But I highly recommend you buy one of their jackets that has a detachable high collar for when it gets cold, and then you'll have the perfect jacket, 100% waterproof, and capable of riding at 10C with the liner inside no problem.