Review: Vance & Hines Slip On, Yoshi R77, and Two Brothers Ti

HeresMyMind

So this is my 3rd exhaust in under a year, I guess I am too picky. Here are some reviews on the 3 I had. I have not and will not own a coffman or gp style exhaust, WAY to loud for me.

First I had a Two Brothers Ti

Look - this is my least favorite look of the 3, i would probably get the Carbon Fiber can if I had a choice but I got a great deal
Weight - Substantially lighter than stock, 5+ lb difference
Sound - LOUD, low tone and aggressive, it also droned A LOT on the highway around 70mph , on a scale of 1-10 (10 being open headers, and 1 being stock) This thing was a 8 maybe a 7.5 with silencer. It makes you want to pop your ears a lot on the highway
IMG_2769.jpg

Second I had a Yoshimura R77 Carbon

Look - It looked great, the carbon fiber finish was stunning and the angles on the can match our bikes better than the round styles. *the CF fades near the tip from heat, then all of the top if in the sun for long periods of time*
Weight - Crazy Light, I think my helmet weighed more. I think the only lighter exhaust are the GP style cones.
Sound - Very smooth, sound was around a 7, Slight drone on highway without silencer. With the silencer around a 2. Perfect for One Up riding. Higher pitched than the Two Brothers, Occasional ear popping required for highway rides
DSC_0011.jpg

Current: Vance and Hines CS Blackout

Look - This is the perfect look, it should of come stock on our bikes, the angles match our fenders perfectly, and the black paint is a perfect match to our black/flat black plastics/engine
Weight - It is still much lighter than stock, but obviously not as light as the carbon fiber
Sound - Sound is low and smooth. absolutely 0 highway drone, around a 6.5-7 without the silencer, it ships with the silencer already installed, when removed it is an 8. 0 eat popping experienced.
IMG_5968.jpg

Out of the 3 I would pick the Vance & Hines for best sound / looks I can deal with the extra 1-2lbs, if weight was an issue I'd go on a diet. Although the Yoshi was better for +1 riding with the silencer if your significant other doesn't like loud noise. Hope this helps with exhaust choices!!

-B

Last edited by a moderator:

VaderFZ8

Thanks for awesome review Mind!! If I could go back it was a toss up between the yoshi vs VH really wish I choose the VH it just looks so killer!!

nightttime

IMG_3267.jpg

I guess I'm of a different opinion. I installed my Coffman's shorty and to me it sounds great. I believe the noise level is just about perfect in my mind. At highway speeds too, it really quiets down and isn't droning. Must be the baffles they install, I left mine in and didn't mess! The only thing that was scary was drilling that rivet hole for me. This is my first motorcycle, but thankfully getting new headers (or even just replacement stock headers) is fairly easy still and should be for a year or two since the bike is now out of production.

Had to add that the VH looks the best because of that lazy dog!

Last edited:

Bagman

The V&H really is a fantastic pipe matched to our bike. I chose the R77-D in Carbon from Yosh. I like the added height and size of the R77-D for the bike over the R77.

Corfargle

Has anyone hAd a Mivv suono exhaust? I'm looking to get after market exhaust and I really liked the way the Mivv sounded and looked.

Bagman

I don't know of anyone. I'd imagine it may cost more than others given it's not so common in North America. If you want to spend the $$, go for it. I imagine it wouldn't be too loud to be usable long term.