REQUEST: NYC-local FZ8 owners with aftermarket exhausts

eru000

Hey guys,

Any 8 owners here that live within a 'reasonable' distance from NYC and that have an aftermarket exhaust: would you be able to meet up with me so I can take some high-quality audio recordings (maybe with video, too)? I have a few motivations:

1) I'm an amateur sound engineer, I'd love good quality recordings of anything
2) I'm considering replacing my muffler with an aftermarket one, and I'd love to compare the sound with an even playing field of environment and recording equipment. Most videos online are recorded with onboard camera mics and they aren't the greatest quality.

Of course you'd get a full copy of the recordings for your own listening pleasure, and if I can convince my girlfriend to let me use her camera, I might be able to get video, too (though I could always just use my Contour camera). Plus, we could do a photo shoot for your bike.

If you're in the city (or want to come here), Floyd Bennet Field is a great place to do the recordings, or Jones Beach. If I'm coming to you, I'll do some research to open lots nearby.

If you're interested, please reply with the exhaust you have, and any other relevant upgrades. Thanks!

The guy I'm riding with can be unreliable, late, etc. I'd hate to keep you waiting. Definately another time. It would be cool to ride with another FZ8.

Sinooch

I have the coffman exhaust that i bought from you last year lol. Plus now i chopped the exhaust and i have no cat or O2

eru000

Yeah, that thing was way too loud for me, Sinooch. I get up way too early in the morning to make my neighbors even more pissed at me (they think the stock exhaust is too loud). Plus, it's too loud for an all-day ride. Too much droning :/

How are you liking it?

thach1130

If you're in the city (or want to come here), Floyd Bennet Field is a great place to do the recordings, or Jones Beach. If I'm coming to you, I'll do some research to open lots nearby.

I'm in VA but in the summer i occasionally do the 4-5 hours up there to visit my family. I have a two brothers shorty exhaust modded to fit under the belly of the bike. The header is chopped short and is catless. Without baffle the bike is like a harley and really noisy. I bought the sound suppressor tip for the two brothers and that's still not enough. Ended up buying a perforated core of a Coffman Exhaust and it fits perfectly on the suppressor tip so it restrict the noise further. Still noisy but manageable. In essence my bike will provide 3 different noise level to record.

If the stock exhaust is considered noisy by your neighbor standard then what are you planning to do? Are you collecting audio just for personal enjoyment or are you planning to blast your neighbor with sound clips of exhaust you've collected :mad:?

eru000

Kinda both. I'm not living here for much longer, so the neighbors won't be an issue forever. And frankly, I don't really give a shit about them, but I figured I might as well not be an ******* with an essentially straight pipe exhaust.

I'm hoping to find a kinda-quiet, but better-sounding slip-on. I've head the Ankropovics are okay (and cheap!), but I'm not sure what they sound like.

Mostly, I just want to record some bikes ;)

Sinooch

i love it. Isnt too loud for me. and my neighbors can suck it lol. they have yappy dogs that dont stop all day so idc if they think its too loud or not lol