Replacing the Oil Pan/Sump

Arjwalker

Hi Guys,

Ive been forced to replaced the oil pan/sump on my 2011, one question I have is do I have to remove the exhausts/manifold to get the sump/pan off?

Does anyone have any instructions or tips for this?

Thanks in advance!
Anthony

9 Lives

Hi Guys,

Ive been forced to replaced the oil pan/sump on my 2011, one question I have is do I have to remove the exhausts/manifold to get the sump/pan off?

Thanks in advance!
Anthony

Remove exhaust, remove oil level sensor, remove oil pan mount bolts, remove oil pan, clean mating surfaces, install oil pan with new gasket, torque bolts in proper sequence, install oil level sensor, install exhaust.

Readers digest version, for full version refer to the shop manual.

Umyaya

Did you strip the drain bolt? I had to do this it sucked dick. Make sure when you take off the oil pan you get 2 little like silver plugs that go in the sides to hold it in.. also the first time I did it I had to re do it because my O ring was off a little on that stick looking thing that goes down the middle.... caused a small leak.. so I had to drain it and re do it again lol! Also the Heliocoil package was expensive and it's worth just getting a new oil pan and gasket... also machining a new hole and stuff seemed like a temporary fix and not something I want long term..
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance!
Anthony

Arjwalker

Yeap stripped the plug, I got confused when removing the plug and tightened or instead....

OK thanks for the heads up guys, I take it I should order 4x gaskets for the Exhaust too?

Umyaya

Yeap stripped the plug, I got confused when removing the plug and tightened or instead....

OK thanks for the heads up guys, I take it I should order 4x gaskets for the Exhaust too?

Are you putting the stock exhaust back on or a different. I just used my same gaskets.

Gonzo

replacing oil pan/ sump

does anyone know where I can find a free shop manual? please need help asap. the bike is my daily driver.