Renthal Superbike Flat Bars

BigD

THinking of these..As i'm tall at 6'82 i could do with a little less wind resistance...i'm not complaining otherwise why buy a naked bike before anyone says it lol!!

Merely just looking to not sit so upright and face the full on wind force at above average speeds :D

So..the thought lay with these Renthals in gold....any suggestions/criticisms/pros/cons i may need to be away of..other than i will need to drill bar or grind off instrument pegs to install on bar...

funnelli

I have the ultra low mate, ended up chopping 3 quarters of an inch of each end and thought it best to drill rather than grind! Have heard horror stories of mot failures due to movement on the controls!
The ultra lows are similar to the existing if not a little lower so for a big difference the flats are the way to go, they also have less sweep.
I am contemplating them to and asked the same question as yourself but with no response!
The only concern I had was if because they are almost flat is if they could foul the tank?
Also the gold colour doesn't match your forks if they are gold ones, think if I get some I will opt for black, but then so is my bike.
Appreciate it if you could let me know if you decide to fit them and if they fit ok, ta

BigD

I have the ultra low mate, ended up chopping 3 quarters of an inch of each end and thought it best to drill rather than grind! Have heard horror stories of mot failures due to movement on the controls!
The ultra lows are similar to the existing if not a little lower so for a big difference the flats are the way to go, they also have less sweep.
I am contemplating them to and asked the same question as yourself but with no response!
The only concern I had was if because they are almost flat is if they could foul the tank?
Also the gold colour doesn't match your forks if they are gold ones, think if I get some I will opt for black, but then so is my bike.
Appreciate it if you could let me know if you decide to fit them and if they fit ok, ta
Watch this space dude. Downed the bike a month or two back so in the process of upgrades over winter and bars will be on the list for sure as well as other things.
How's yours coming along?

funnelli

Watch this space dude. Downed the bike a month or two back so in the process of upgrades over winter and bars will be on the list for sure as well as other things.
How's yours coming along?

Unfortunately a kind pedestrian decided to launch themselves across the road from behind a bus straight under the front of my bike, then got up and buggered off! Left me with the bill for a cracked fairing and a new left hand mirror, bloody expensive!
Reported it to the police and was treated as though I was the villain!
Front end was bent to one side so had to remove it and bend it back to the correct direction.
Hope your bikes coming back together, still love mine.
Back on the subject of bars though, I think the height of the ultra lows is good but could use less sweep, have searched everywhere but can't find a solution so am open to ideas?

BigD

Ah nice indeed. Well I have to replace rear plastic section, snapped a grab handle (didn't like them anywa) snapped right hand rear set (now debating gilles or vortex), small dent in tank, broke front fly screen, missing small piece of fairing from headlight (right side), snapped off right hand mirror and also front wheel out of alignment which should be easy enough to straighten out via loosing everything and bouncing on front end a couple times.
So for the spring I'm gonna get bars, new rear shock, front spring internals, plastics and new rear sets and chuck on a new rear tyre (Michelin pr4). Also thinking about reflash....

Now..ref bars, I'm thinking renthal road race bars...

Dan