rear set replacements?

solosnail

I just bought my fz8 and I already do not like my rear sets because I drag them on every other curve in the canyons. I tried leaning my body more but still, I get to low. Has anyone else this problem and solved it?

C

Camo

Remove the hero feelers for starters.
Dan moto had a relatively cheap pair, I recall seeing a thread about them.
Outside of that, the usual manufacturers have gear to suit the 8...can't manage a single brand name off the top of my head but I'm sure a search would turn up a few worthy results.

goldfz8

Had the same problem even after i cut the set down so what i did is

if you look you can see how much higher my new sets are compared to stock also they sit in abit more. I had wear on my tires all the way to the edge after changed the sets. dont go cheap on sets you will see the quality in what you pay for. i have sato sets they were 560

Last edited:

Guillaume

Well, I don't ride as aggressively (still learning) so I only hit the rear sets every 10 corners or so. But I bit the bullet, the expensive $700 one, and go the Rizoma stuff. Those things are solid!

goldfz8

rizomas are nice but if you look at the pic they sit low depending on your size higher is better. im abit 6 2 and the sato ones make me feel like im in a very good position

Guillaume

rizomas are nice but if you look at the pic they sit low depending on your size higher is better. im abit 6 2 and the sato ones make me feel like im in a very good position

Good point. The pegs can be put higher though and, of course, so does the brake and gear pedals. I'm 6'2 as well and have a seat that is higher than stock by an inch and I'm happy with the current riding position.

B

bren

What did the Sato ones set you back mate? They look awesome!

D

Deleted member 438

I bought Gilles rearsets for an FZ1 and they're really nice.

D

DJK1505

I got the vortex ones, nice and solid. A good price also, I watched ebay and found a set for I think under 400. If im remember right it was like 389 shipped.

DJ

solosnail

Well, I don't ride as aggressively (still learning) so I only hit the rear sets every 10 corners or so. But I bit the bullet, the expensive $700 one, and go the Rizoma stuff. Those things are solid!

they look like they mite rub still. have you had the problem since you've gotten these?

Guillaume

they look like they mite rub still. have you had the problem since you've gotten these?

Nope... I haven't ridden extremely aggressive either (except a freeway entrance ramp that's clogged most of the time, my commute is pretty corner-boring) but in the few sharp turns I made, I was still a little ways away from rubbing.
I had the peg set higher but it wasn't comfortable for my long legs so I had to put them on the lower setting. You can of course have them higher and get the brake pedal higher as well. I believe you can also replace the pegs with shorter ones. Those fold.