Radiator fluid? oh YEAH thats slippery!

hypo

So I was slowing down for a light with 5 cars waiting for it to turn green, and it turns as I approach so I balance there for a few seconds, creeping forward slowly until the car in front of my pulls away.

The lead car was sitting over a puddle of water. I see it, notice the weird reflection, and slowly add some gas to get on home. I smell it, and then my rear tire loses ALL TRACTION! My forward momentum carries me out of the puddle, I maintain my upright posture and straight line ahead, and the rear tire finally stops slipping/spinning and I catch and continue on my way. About 50 feet down the road I add a little wobble/wave back and forth to make sure I press the liquid out of my tire sipes as I go.

DAMN! I've only spun the rear tire on a few occasions, and I had been fully expecting to lose traction those times.

Respect the liquid on the roadway... it might just be KY Jelly that spilled out of someones party van.

Triple6

very true advice. I usually try to position myself away from the center line of the road--where fluids would leak out from vehicles.