R1 shock with Satan666's adapter

beefcake morris

Just order the adapter and an 07 R1 shock. Should be mailed out in a few days. Looking forward to updating the rear, then it is on to thinking about the front.

beefcake morris

What are you guys using to support the bike when changing out the shock. Last time I did, this on my ZX10 I had fixed rearsets and just used jack stands.

D

Deleted member 438

What are you guys using to support the bike when changing out the shock. Last time I did, this on my ZX10 I had fixed rearsets and just used jack stands.

I hung it from the rafters in the garage using ratchet straps. I looped one on each side through the passenger peg hangers.

GarryM

I just put a floor jack under the cat converter and lifted it from there. You dont need to jack it up very high. You dont even want the rear wheel off the ground. Just high enought to take the weight off the shock linkage.

H

Hoover

Rent an engine hoist from Checkers and a cheap nylon sling from a hardware store. $50 done deal.

beefcake morris

Thanks for all the suggestion. I ended up using my rear stand to lift the bike and them put some rags on my jack stands to rest on the stock rear sets.

The install was so simple. I was able to put the shock in and torqued to spec. with in 40 min. The longest part of the whole process was trying to match the sag from the rear with the front. I want it to balance out to the best it could be until I rebuild the front.

The shock itself is a great Upgrade. I am heading to Deals Gap for a week and should be able to adjust it more there. I can't wait to rebuild the front.

NJFz8

are there any adapters still available for sale? I contacted 666, havent heard anything, I got my shock in the mail but no adapter to put it on >___< , plus i just did the racetech springs with heavier oil :0 feels better already!

NJFz8

still no word on how to order the adapters? Racing on the 20th, want to make sure i get one in before that! Thanks.

C

Camo

Your best bet is to head over to the sister FZ1 site and mail him...I'm not at all sure he'd be logging in here.

Satan666

My Condolences To CA Owners

Just finishing the install instructions on the Version 4 adapters. See post #7 on this thread: http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/2068-satan-r1-shock-adapter-ver-4-a.html

If you have a CA bike, you are burdened with a significantly more complicated install because of the fuel-recirculating system which is not present on the standard models. While the tray clearance is easier with the V3 adapter (no reservoir in the way), there are a lot more parts and pieces to remove and replace.

The Sniper

Finished the production run, adapters are available, PM for info.
Hey mate, would really like to buy an adaptor please. I can't work out how to send a PM. I also tried to join the FZ10 forum that you also post on but that hasn't worked. I am based in Australia. Your email contact details would be great. Thanks.